Do you take ideas from Other Rpg?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

Do you take ideas from Other Rpg?

Unread post by gaby »

I visit the Mutants & Masterminds,s forums.

I see a idea,someone show a super-villiain team Call Clown it stand for (Crime League Of Wacky Non-conformists).

Ther Silver age styled they pull Pranks and non wanting to harm any one.

I making similar characters and need help picing Power Categories that wokr for them, thanks for the help.

The Characters names are the following:

The Buffoon, April Fool-Maker,Dot,Slapstick,Trump knight,Random,Beuford the Bard,Spotlight,Tag,Skate kate,Marbles and Shapshot.

and Thanks again.
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

actually those are characters from the CHAMPIONS game. i still have the original module for them somewhere on by bookshelf. they are a pretty funny group. good for much laughter.
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Steal from RPGs? Never.

Oh wait. Always! ;)
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

I steal stuff from several RPG's.
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Depends. For RPGs with fairly generic settings (ie most supers games are interchangable apart from the rules, and there's a fair bit of room to improvise in modern horror settings as well), I've been known to poach a bit. I tend to avoid doing it when I'm running an RPG with a fairly distinct setting or premise though, because the more different and individual a game is, the more non-canon stuff sticks out like dog's balls.
GA
Explorer
Comment: Master of Dirk Diggler Style

Unread post by GA »

In a nutshell, what are the SDC by location rules? Or at least what rifter is it in?
You kill my dog I'ma slay yo cat-Flava Flav, Terminator X to the Edge of Panic, 1988
A man's gotta know his limitations-Dirty Harry, Magnum Force, 1973
No good deed goes unpunished-Clare Booth Luce
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by jade von delioch »

finn69 wrote:actually those are characters from the CHAMPIONS game. i still have the original module for them somewhere on by bookshelf. they are a pretty funny group. good for much laughter.

its kind of funny, but if you look at those old heroes and villains from Champions and the hero city ones... their the same people...
member of-Our Lady of the Boundless Ammo
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

I got my character generation from Cyberpunk and Werewolf/Vampire
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

In a char I've given him some disadvantages from grups, to counter balance some other powers giving to him, but GMs don't see them to be counter balancing the other powers, so the char has not seen even a little play.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
DocS
Adventurer

Unread post by DocS »

Of COURSE I beg borrow and steal from all sorts of RPG's.

Rifts is an 'everything but the kitchen sink' kind of game. It seems daft to not use stuff from all sorts of sources, especially other tech/magic/horror games.

In fact, recently my party met a <censored> and to do the conversion I just <censored> and had the partyu roll <censored> and <censored censored censored>.....
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

I see and how did the <censored> work out for you? Did you have to <censored> with your <censored>, and if so how many times before he/she/they <censored>
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”