Dragons transformation/teleportation

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Magical, innate teleportation (as opposed to casting a spell) is usually described as being instantaneous in canon.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

In RUE the Dragon hand to hand has metamorphosis taking a full melee round at low levels, and moving up to half a round once the dragon gets a few levels, so yes, it takes between 15 and 7.5 seconds.

Teleportation takes a melee action, so one attack.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

TheDarkSaint wrote:I usually rule that to transform into something takes longer than it does to pop back into dragon form. I say that returning to dragon form is instantaneous while going into another form takes a melee attack.

Coincidentaly, thats how we play it as well.

cornholioprime wrote:Magical, innate teleportation (as opposed to casting a spell) is usually described as being instantaneous in canon.

That's how I've always run teleportation.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)

Return to “G.M.s Forum”