Falling vs Jumping

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Roll with fall or impact. Adjust as you deep appropriate.
shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

Unread post by shiiv-a »

i agree with the capt rory here.

i had one char that was on the 5th floor of a tower, and the floors sorta fell out from under her. made use of what physical skills i had, and used my acrobatics to start the *bounces off this to that to slow down the momentum of the long drop*

it worked, but at the third floor there was not much left to bounce or push off from. with weapons in hand , it made it harder. good thing i had a little ISP left and then used my TK as a 'retro engine'.

didn't do a lot to slow down, but it did allow me to evade the shards and long sliverings of hte broken floor boards. i suffered about 11 points of damage for the whole incident, but hey, i guess i kinda used my head a little there.

wow ... a little used skill actually in use and it worked. kinda remember somewhere on here someone saying that no one uses acrobatics. not sure who, but i guess i broke that mold of thinking too. 8-)
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Falling can be controlled, to an extent. And it can be trained for in real life and in Palladium games. That is the point of rolling with fall or impact. If you jump you might have an easier time controlling the landing than if you are falling, but you still have a chance if you are trained. Like I said, you can bonus or penalise as necessary to fit the situation in which the character has jumped or fallen. I have leaped off chairs and off ledges thousands of times practicing not hurting myself falling on my back, rolling with the momentum, and, of course, it came in handy when someone hip threw me.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Beatleguise wrote:I always use Acrobatics. Its part of my characters combat style, even if it does force extra rolls that I can flub. Acrobatics is great for a theatrical character.

I love the Adventures on High Seas acrobat, especially when the acrobat is a goblin with a bola, net, and hammer. Normally I would not think troll on goblin action would be worth watching.
elecgraystone
Adventurer

Unread post by elecgraystone »

Personally I'd use a acrobatics/gymnastics (backflip or balance, dealers pick) roll to see if they could land correctly with no damage. If not roll with impact. This all assumes the character is awake and not hindered (ties up, webbed, ect. ).
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Don't torture puppies!
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

:lol:

Return to “G.M.s Forum”