Board index » Across the Megaverse® » G.M.s Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: Falling vs Jumping
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:25 pm

Palladin

as a GM do you lump these under the same roof ?

Juicers can jump 20 feet high, but can they fall the same distance safely ?

I'm assuming so, especially characters like the Juicer with extra SDC built in or psionic PCs with TK Leap, but just wondering what the others out there use.

I don't think it matters for MDC characters.

Last edited by gadrin on Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:03 pm

Adventurer

yeah i think that there reflex's would come into play helping them roll with it just picture if these guys were juiced

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ee+running

watch till the end thats where you see normal pepole jumping near 20 feet across

"i shall kill you until you die from it" hot shots part deux

glitterboy2098 wrote:

:lol: just imagine the Hamster Airforce, with the furballs flying ducted fan Scale F-86's....and providing air support for the Rodent Armored Cav, in RC tanks...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:09 pm

D-Bee

If it was a controlled fall, i.e. stepping off a building, yes.

If someone tossed them off the building, no.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:14 am

Champion

Roll with fall or impact. Adjust as you deep appropriate.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:50 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Jumping / Falling

You can jump "down" twice as far as you can jump "up", without taking damage.

IF you "Fall" down, it is a whole different can of beans.

Even if you can jump 1000 feet, if you "fall" 100, you will take damage.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:32 pm

Adventurer

lather wrote:
Roll with fall or impact. Adjust as you deep appropriate.

:ok:

glitterboy2098 wrote:

:lol: just imagine the Hamster Airforce, with the furballs flying ducted fan Scale F-86's....and providing air support for the Rodent Armored Cav, in RC tanks...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:30 pm

Adventurer

Jumping is presumeably controlled. Falling is not. I'd make it easier for a jumper to execute maneuvers (backflips, moving while in the air, Rolling with Impact, etc.) and would penalize someone who is falling.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:28 am

Hero

i agree with the capt rory here.

i had one char that was on the 5th floor of a tower, and the floors sorta fell out from under her. made use of what physical skills i had, and used my acrobatics to start the *bounces off this to that to slow down the momentum of the long drop*

it worked, but at the third floor there was not much left to bounce or push off from. with weapons in hand , it made it harder. good thing i had a little ISP left and then used my TK as a 'retro engine'.

didn't do a lot to slow down, but it did allow me to evade the shards and long sliverings of hte broken floor boards. i suffered about 11 points of damage for the whole incident, but hey, i guess i kinda used my head a little there.

wow ... a little used skill actually in use and it worked. kinda remember somewhere on here someone saying that no one uses acrobatics. not sure who, but i guess i broke that mold of thinking too. 8-)

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:31 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

I always use Acrobatics. Its part of my characters combat style, even if it does force extra rolls that I can flub. Acrobatics is great for a theatrical character.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:21 am

Champion

Falling can be controlled, to an extent. And it can be trained for in real life and in Palladium games. That is the point of rolling with fall or impact. If you jump you might have an easier time controlling the landing than if you are falling, but you still have a chance if you are trained. Like I said, you can bonus or penalise as necessary to fit the situation in which the character has jumped or fallen. I have leaped off chairs and off ledges thousands of times practicing not hurting myself falling on my back, rolling with the momentum, and, of course, it came in handy when someone hip threw me.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:32 am

Champion

Beatleguise wrote:
I always use Acrobatics. Its part of my characters combat style, even if it does force extra rolls that I can flub. Acrobatics is great for a theatrical character.

I love the Adventures on High Seas acrobat, especially when the acrobat is a goblin with a bola, net, and hammer. Normally I would not think troll on goblin action would be worth watching.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:18 pm

Adventurer

Personally I'd use a acrobatics/gymnastics (backflip or balance, dealers pick) roll to see if they could land correctly with no damage. If not roll with impact. This all assumes the character is awake and not hindered (ties up, webbed, ect. ).

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:21 pm

Explorer

i'd also take into consideration how much time the person would have to reorient and what skill they have...a cat thrown off a 2 story building has more time and a greater probability to land on it's feet than a cat that's just thrown across the room.

And thrown puppies are just out of luck all together.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:53 pm

Champion

Don't torture puppies!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:06 pm

Palladin

well, I'm talking specifically about characters who want to descend a certain distance, such as a Phaeton Juicer bailing out of a helicopter that's hovering 20+ feet over a building or something.

1D6 per 20 feet of height during a fall.

Phaeton Juicer is +6 to roll with punch/impact, and the target number is 14,means he needs 8+. pretty decent odds that the fall will only do half damage to him, and he's got lots of SDC (compared to an average human).

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:48 pm

Adventurer

lather wrote:
Don't torture puppies!

i wouldn't do that .........not right now any way :demon:

glitterboy2098 wrote:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:11 pm

Champion

:lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.