Board index » Across the Megaverse® » G.M.s Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: Re: question
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:50 pm

Adventurer

livewire wrote:
demon quellers?? the name sounds familiar but can't place it. what book are they in please? thanks
Rifts japan.

Post subject: Re: question
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:52 pm

Dungeon Crawler

elecgraystone wrote:
livewire wrote:
demon quellers?? the name sounds familiar but can't place it. what book are they in please? thanks
Rifts japan.

and 3 or 4 more types in China2!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:19 pm

Monk

Blue Eyes wrote:
if my memory serves me correctly, nightbanes cannot become murder marges. unly sdc humanoids can become murermages, and a nightbane is a nightbane, not a human!!!! on rifts earth nightbanes are creatures of magic with MDC bodies!

BE

NB are Supernatural in their morphus. they are not CoM.

Acording to the Rifts convertion notes in the NB main book, Bane are MDC = to their HP+SDC.

The NB in their facade read as human. (as they do not read as SN in their facade)

as for NB being MM.....you can do the GM FIAT "no they can't" that would be the easyest way. the 2nd easyest way is to kill the NB MM as soon as possible.

when picking out a OCC remember that NB can not be physically trsformed.

My Artwork

Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:35 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.
bob the desolate one wrote:
elecgraystone wrote:
Warwolf wrote:
I'll forward this debate along to the new Nightbane writers. Perhaps they will be able to finally put debates like this to rest. :)
That would be awesome. :D As-is it's all vague enouph that you really can see it from both sides.

i kinda got to agree here i can see it from both your points of view but then again the crappy part is cannon backs both of your stories it really needs a mod to sound off on it :ugh:

Well, I ran it past one of them and got their take on it. Unfortunately, I can't relay the information as anything that they write still has to be approved by Kevin before becoming canon. Thus, hopefully they can address this in the upcoming book or get permission from Kev to post something on the boards.

Looks like you guys will have to wait a bit and pick up the new book. :-?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:55 pm

Adventurer

Warwolf wrote:
bob the desolate one wrote:
elecgraystone wrote:
Warwolf wrote:
I'll forward this debate along to the new Nightbane writers. Perhaps they will be able to finally put debates like this to rest. :)
That would be awesome. :D As-is it's all vague enouph that you really can see it from both sides.

i kinda got to agree here i can see it from both your points of view but then again the crappy part is cannon backs both of your stories it really needs a mod to sound off on it :ugh:

Well, I ran it past one of them and got their take on it. Unfortunately, I can't relay the information as anything that they write still has to be approved by Kevin before becoming canon. Thus, hopefully they can address this in the upcoming book or get permission from Kev to post something on the boards.

Looks like you guys will have to wait a bit and pick up the new book. :-?
Thanks for asking! :D

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:59 pm

Monk

If you want to make, say, a char with an elf facade, then you'd have to make a nightspawn. It was discussed and mulled over quite a bit, but you could have a sdc/mortal race as the NS's facade. The ratos were set about 98% human facade to 2% other sdc/mortal facades.

My Artwork

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:45 pm

Adventurer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
If you want to make, say, a char with an elf facade, then you'd have to make a nightspawn. It was discussed and mulled over quite a bit, but you could have a sdc/mortal race as the NS's facade. The ratos were set about 98% human facade to 2% other sdc/mortal facades.
you could before dark convertions. Now you can't. At least not without making a houserule.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:47 pm

Monk

elecgraystone wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
you could before dark convertions. Now you can't. At least not without making a houserule.

You can't make one as a NightBANE, but with a nightSpawn you can. The rules in DC say that NightBane can only have a human facade, saying nothing about nightspawn. I don't use the NB rules in DC because they munchkinize NB, so I use only nightspawn now, they still use the convertion notes in the main book, theyt're simple and fine.

My Artwork

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:24 am

Adventurer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
You can't make one as a NightBANE, but with a nightSpawn you can. The rules in DC say that NightBane can only have a human facade, saying nothing about nightspawn. I don't use the NB rules in DC because they munchkinize NB, so I use only nightspawn now, they still use the convertion notes in the main book, theyt're simple and fine.
Nightbane=nightspawn. It was just a simple name change to avoid legal problems. It should be noted that the nightspawn book, under using other palladium books (PG#203), doesn't say anything about non-humans becoming nightspawn. It wasn't until between the shadows (a nightbane book), that you see other races being able to be NIGHTBANE. (PG#142). So i don't see what the difference.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:35 pm

Monk

elecgraystone wrote:
Nightbane=nightspawn. It was just a simple name change to avoid legal problems. It should be noted that the nightspawn book, under using other palladium books (PG#203), doesn't say anything about non-humans becoming nightspawn. ...snip

I was around when NS came out so I have a NS main book, so I know all about the reasons for the name change. To get to MY point, the NB rules in DC are munchinizing the NB in the rifts setting, so I make NS out of protest and to be able to iggnore the munchkinish NB rules in DC.

While the NS/NB main book doesn't say anyone other then humans can be NB, nor does it say that other mortal races can't be ether.

My Artwork

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:39 am

Adventurer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
I was around when NS came out so I have a NS main book, so I know all about the reasons for the name change. To get to MY point, the NB rules in DC are munchinizing the NB in the rifts setting, so I make NS out of protest and to be able to iggnore the munchkinish NB rules in DC.

While the NS/NB main book doesn't say anyone other then humans can be NB, nor does it say that other mortal races can't be ether.

Yes, because the base sdc race is human. There ARE no elves, ogres or atlantians in NB/NS, so yes it didn't say any thing about what isn't there. You can house-rule it, but it's still a house-rule.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:36 pm

Monk

Comment: The Munchkin Fairy
Blue Eyes wrote:
i would think that the fact that there exists a talent that makes the character split the two implies that they normally are not. i am sorry but i just dont buy it. i have played a nightbane a few times and "the becoming" natural ability states they appear to be human, after the becoming they have two identities, one facade and one monster. the monster form is the nightbanes true form, the human form is used to blend in. the nightbanes average lifespan says it all: unknown or 5000+ years.
the bottom line is, someone decided that murdermages can be sdc humanoids only, and a nightbane is a supernatural monster that is "conditioned" in that it can only unleash its powers when it reveals its true visage, the facade form is still a nightbane, but in human form. its not one mind sharing two bodies, its one mind one body that can change appearance. the "reshape facade" talent allows the nightbane to alter the appearance of the facade by spending PPE, this is not more than a simple metamorphosis ability, just like the one the dragon possesses. in fact a dragon has almost an infinite of natural forms, nightbanes have "only" two (or more with special talents).

BE

Well, considering how the murder mage is an unoffical OCC in the first place, one person's deciding something isn't right is every bit as right as saying something in the first place. :)

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:36 pm

Adventurer

RAZON wrote:
Murder Mages are lame in the first place. If you want a real fun but LEGAL combo : Make a Nightbane Who works for the Gregori from SHALLOWS OF NIGHT who is a Necro? something or other caste.

that is a bigger boost then anything you'd benefit out of being a Murder Mage.
None of then are legal picks for a nightbane. Those are athanatos racial character class paths only.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.