Would it work for a Vampire?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

The generic unecessary might carry you through.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

Killer Cyborg wrote:You started this mess off by trying to tell me what I meant, but now you don't like it when the shoe's on the other foot?
I never told you what you meant. I only disagreed with you. If I said what you meant to say was... please point it out so I can apologise for the goof.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Natasha wrote:I am very sorry about that. I forgot to log him out before posting. That post was all me all the way.

You cannot tell me what I meant. You agree with that?

So when I tell you that I did not imply you are blinded by arrogance that means I did not imply you are blinded by arrogance nevermind what you think. So when I tell you that did not intend insult when I said 'childish' that means I did not intend insult when I said 'childish' nevermind what you think. You may have felt insulted but I was not insulting you.

Regarding constructive criticism that is exactly what I had been saying. I was operating on the fact that I was not accusing you of being blinded by arrogance and that I did not mean insult with the word 'childish'. I said that all along.

Is 'juvenile' the appropriate word? And, yes, I am asking because I really want to know because I really do not know. 'childish' is the only word I knew and no one ever pushed back when I used it before. You are the first to push back.

Juvenile is fine, as is childish. They mean the same thing. :D
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Natasha wrote:I am very sorry about that. I forgot to log him out before posting. That post was all me all the way.

Thanks for the clarity. :ok:

You cannot tell me what I meant. You agree with that?

Oh, I can tell you; I just might be incorrect about it.

If you want to get down to distinctions:
Your words were phrased as insults, whether you intended them to be or not.
If I were to say to somebody, "You're a moron", that would be an insult.
Whether or not I meant it as constructive criticism.

People might not be right when they say that I meant insult, but they wouldn't be wrong if they said that I was insulting.

So when I tell you that I did not imply you are blinded by arrogance that means I did not imply you are blinded by arrogance nevermind what you think.

Are you saying that people never imply things by accident?

So when I tell you that did not intend insult when I said 'childish' that means I did not intend insult when I said 'childish' nevermind what you think. You may have felt insulted but I was not insulting you.

in·sult [v. in-suhlt; n. in-suhlt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object)
1. to treat or speak to insolently or with contemptuous rudeness; affront.
2. to affect as an affront; offend or demean.
3. Archaic. to attack; assault.
–verb (used without object)
4. Archaic. to behave with insolent triumph; exult contemptuously (usually fol. by on, upon, or over).
–noun
5. an insolent or contemptuously rude action or remark; affront.

I disagree with you on that count.

Regarding constructive criticism that is exactly what I had been saying. I was operating on the fact that I was not accusing you of being blinded by arrogance and that I did not mean insult with the word 'childish'. I said that all along.

IF you didn't mean insult, then you're very bad at being poilite.

Is 'juvenile' the appropriate word? And, yes, I am asking because I really want to know because I really do not know. 'childish' is the only word I knew and no one ever pushed back when I used it before. You are the first to push back.

Neither is appropriate.
All I did was to say that I am right about something.
Just as you keep doing above (I presume that you don't believe that you're being childish there?).
Damon S asked if I was "simply declaring myself to be right", and I said that no, I was merely pointing out that I am right.
He apparently missed the distinction, and asked again, so I simply told him Yes, since that's the answer that he was looking for.
Nothing really childish/juvenile about that, not on my part.
Last edited by Killer Cyborg on Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

lather wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:You started this mess off by trying to tell me what I meant, but now you don't like it when the shoe's on the other foot?
I never told you what you meant. I only disagreed with you. If I said what you meant to say was... please point it out so I can apologise for the goof.

You disagreed with me about what definitions of the terms "evidence" and "indication" I was using.

lather wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
asajosh wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:Lack of indication means that there's no reason to believe that whatever isn't being indicated is true.

:eek:
Lack of indication would mean that nothing is indicated.

What I think you meant was: Lack of EVIDENCE means there is no reason to believe what your being told.

But that simply isn't true...

Actually, I mean Indication.

Doesn't matter. Same thing.

Indication and Evidence only mean the same thing under certain definitions of each term.
Clearly, I was operating under the definitions that meant slightly different things; I even explained the distinction.

But you persisted in claiming that, in MY post, in what I was talking about, the terms meant the same thing; you were trying to tell me what I meant.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Lost Waif wrote:Before I get sucked into the debate . . .

Natasha, give it a break. You're talking to a wall.
Killer Cyborg, give her (Natasha) a break. She's not from America and she's bilingual at that. It's difficult to learn, let alone communicate, in a second language.

Yes, I realize I'm sounding high and mighty. I apologize. But honestly, you guys haven't made any leeway at all. It reads like a ball being bounced forth.

hear hear
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)

Return to “G.M.s Forum”