mages and armor

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ghost2020
Adventurer

mages and armor

Unread post by ghost2020 »

What's the current status of mages and armor as of R:UE?

I don't have my book in front of me and a "conversation" is happening among some gamers.

If I remember correctly, they could wear half suits of non-enviornmental armor.
Last edited by ghost2020 on Tue May 22, 2007 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ridley
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ridley »

I thought that they could only wear the mage armor thats described on the ley line walker OCC.
JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Unread post by JTwig »

Ridley wrote:I thought that they could only wear the mage armor thats described on the ley line walker OCC.

From reading the Federation of Magic book there seems to be some give depending on what the armor is composed of. But as to the original caster's post, I have never seen any rules in print (don't own RUE).
finn69
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by finn69 »

the current rue rule is the the old d&d rule where they cant wear metal armor. personaly i ignore that one in favor of the original rmb that let mages wear armor. i liked it that way. it set the game apart.
jade von delioch
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by jade von delioch »

same as always... they can not cover over 40% of their body in metal or man-made materials because it hampers their ability to use magic. these materials count ceramic plates and plastics.. however, they can wear MDC hides/ skins...

i believe it is 40%, it maybe be more or less.. it should be written in the RUE book under Armor or Magic.. but its hard to say where exactly since the layout for the book sucks.
member of-Our Lady of the Boundless Ammo
D20 is the pollution of the game industry.. do not buy into the pollutant, buy the cool rich taste of palladium.
ghost2020
Adventurer

Unread post by ghost2020 »

OK, got a gander at the book.

Pg 113 on RUE. Listed as light and medium body armor for ley line walkers - concealed armor specifically for them.

Where is this [i]Mage Armor [/i]that is being referenced?
Spectre
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spectre »

RUE pg 188 will produce your answer
"A little Rebellion now and then is a good thing." Thomas Jefferson
(To the tune of Ride of the Valkyries): Death and Destruction, Chaos and Carnage, Total Annailation Now!
300 Movie Geek Points
"I immediately regret this decision."- Jack Hare
elecgraystone
Adventurer

Unread post by elecgraystone »

Any armor listed as partial armor will work as well as any "natural armors". It's even possible to make an evironmental body armor for them out of "natural" materials that doesn't mess up casting.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”