multiple weapons

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

multiple weapons

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

How would you handle this issue? As far as I know, there is nothing in the rules to cover this situation. Say a guy with lots of weapons( full conversion borg, for instance,) ,I'm talking built in energy weapons, minimissile launchers, handheld weapons, the works) decides to discharge all of them at once. Now what penalties do you impose to the strike rolls? My idea is take the bonuses for each weapon, and divide them by the number of weapons, and impose that penalty. If it goes down to straight rolls of the dice, or even penalties to die rolls, so be it. What are you guys' thoughts on the matter?
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
count zero
Explorer
Comment: I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Re: multiple weapons

Unread post by count zero »

Captain Shiva wrote:Say a guy with lots of weapons( full conversion borg, for instance,) ,I'm talking built in energy weapons, minimissile launchers, handheld weapons, the works) decides to discharge all of them at once.

Death blossom!
:ok:

Ø
Snuffy
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Snuffy »

I don't know of any rules that directly apply.

I have read where some have come up with their own rules for linking multiple weapon systems while piloting a robot or aircraft. One action was used to use to roll for their weapon systems, and then there next action was used to make thee attack. They didn't allow the combination of cannons & missiles, either it had to be missile systems linked or AC/laser linked. Just an idea.
goodhometownboy
Dungeon Crawler

Re: multiple weapons

Unread post by goodhometownboy »

Captain Shiva wrote:How would you handle this issue? As far as I know, there is nothing in the rules to cover this situation. Say a guy with lots of weapons( full conversion borg, for instance,) ,I'm talking built in energy weapons, minimissile launchers, handheld weapons, the works) decides to discharge all of them at once. Now what penalties do you impose to the strike rolls? My idea is take the bonuses for each weapon, and divide them by the number of weapons, and impose that penalty. If it goes down to straight rolls of the dice, or even penalties to die rolls, so be it. What are you guys' thoughts on the matter?

i like your idea on the penalties...and i think you should make it take all or double his actions and must use at the begining of the round....

you could also make him roll % on maybe something jamming up...

we had a samuri borg do this (fire everything including his chest cannon) but unfortantally he rolled nothing but 1's (oh and we just made him roll a stright roll for everything..) like i said he rolled 1's on all attacks and ended up blowing him self up
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

If he has radar and is targeting 1-6 people I don't see why he couldn't unload with full bonuses? But your idea sounds good
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

There's a PA in either Canada or New West that offers this feature. Range is horribly short, bonuses are absolutely minimal and it uses ALL attacks for the round. Using that as a guideline, I'd give a borg wanting a "blaze of glory" ending no bonus on the roll, limit them to point blank range and that would be their only attack for the round.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

multiple weapons

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

I always thought the penalties for that feature were a bit excessive, especially since they don't fit the technological level.(By the way, I think its in Spirit West.) I think I'll do this: impose a -1 penalty per weapon on each weapon, so that if you use 6 weapons, you have a -6 to hit with each one. Furthermore, these multiple weapon attacks will cost one half as many attacks as the number of weapons employed, rounded up. So 2 weapons cost 1 attack, 3-4 weapons cost 2 attacks, etc. Now all I need to do is address the issue of the detrimental effects of discharging multiple built-in energy weapons on the systems of a full conversion borg. Anyone have any ideas they want to share?
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Noon
Champion

Unread post by Noon »

Just roll once!

Oh yeah, high stakes gambling!
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

I'm not sure where I read it (probably the Bionics Sourcebook) but I seem to recall a rule that states a borg cant fire too many weapons at once because of the instantaneous power drain.

As for your situation, I woud just roll it as Shooting Wild, since thats really what it is.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”