Board index » Across the Megaverse® » G.M.s Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: cosmic forge?
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:51 pm

Adventurer

i've always considered the cosmic forge a primal force unlike magic more like magnetism because of the nature of the cosmo knights one weakness any opinions fellow gm's is the gift of the cosmic forge considered magic? or cosmic energys?

"i shall kill you until you die from it" hot shots part deux

glitterboy2098 wrote:

:lol: just imagine the Hamster Airforce, with the furballs flying ducted fan Scale F-86's....and providing air support for the Rodent Armored Cav, in RC tanks...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:26 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: "Sometimes, I get paid in Pounds Sterling."
We had this discussion a while back, where I really got into it with a few posters...

Now, I may not be a big-city lawer, but it seems to me that Cosmic Energy inflicts harm to vampires...

I am of the opinion that the Cosmic Forge is the capital "G" god of the Phase World setting; omnipotent, omnipresent, and trans-temporal. Therefore, the energy derived from it, namely "cosmic energy" is considered supernatural, if not outrightly magical.

Under this ruling it would therefore inflict half damage to vampires and vampire intelligences, full damage to things (like werebeasts) that are only affected by magic, but no damage to anything enchanted by the spell Impervious to Energy.

Cosmo-Knights likewise take no damage from cosmic energy attacks, such as those fired by Dominator weapons, since they cannot be affected by the energy that forms the heart of the nature (like a fire elemental is impervious to fire).

Others disagree with me, but that is my learned opinion.

Thundercloud Galaxy has a flock of ducks in it that can slag a Glitterboy in one melee.

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:31 am

Monk

Comment: The Munchkin Fairy
It is most definatly Supernatural. The fact that the cosmo knights powers are PPE based is a solid indication of this fact... :)

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:51 am

Sosyourfacist

Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
It is most definatly Supernatural. The fact that the cosmo knights powers are PPE based is a solid indication of this fact... :)

Nekky with the assist.......GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL! :D

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker

Post subject: re
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:38 pm

Adventurer

im going with braden he is the lord and master of phase world :D

glitterboy2098 wrote:

:lol: just imagine the Hamster Airforce, with the furballs flying ducted fan Scale F-86's....and providing air support for the Rodent Armored Cav, in RC tanks...

Post subject: alright
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:15 am

Adventurer

so if the cosmic forge's energy is considered cosmic could a harwk-ohl become a cosmo knight?

glitterboy2098 wrote:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:22 am

Yes... but they would no longer have an immunity to magic, since they would be completely "rebuilt" by the power of the Forge.

They would gain all the powers of a Cosmic Knight, but loose something of themselves in the balance, which is why the Forge's offer must be carefully considered.

The Forge giveth, and the Forge taketh away... :lol:

Thundercloud Galaxy has a flock of ducks in it that can slag a Glitterboy in one melee.

Post subject: oh well
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:49 pm

Adventurer

party pooper you killed my munchkin :P

glitterboy2098 wrote:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:00 pm

Yup, sure did.

Saw it coming the moment I read it... :bandit:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:15 pm

Champion

Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.
Believe me Bray has had years and years of proactice. Almost 20 years ago we did get quite a bit past him though and boy was it fun.

Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:59 pm

Knight

i beleive the Cosmic Forge is the equivalent of a god(dess) to the people of the 3 Galaxies. It is the Alpha and the Omega. so if this is true what makes any of them think they can control it. Basically the Forge Wars are a joke gone horrible wrong. as far as theCosmo Knights go if this Cosmic Forge is indeed the Creator there weakness to magic would be a counter balance on the part of the Forge and not a weakness of the Forge. However, if the opposite was true and it is a weakness of the Forge then it is indeed not a suprme being, but a device that could be controlled by Humans, Wolfen or however for good or bad. And maybe the Cosmo Knights abilities come from the belief of the Forge and thier faith in it, and not from the Forge itself. That could explain is some part how magic is thier "Achilles Heels". And that Fallen Knights are a coruption in thier belief and faith to the Forge. Or they might actually be punished by the Forge to loss thier powers and abilities. I know this may sound odd becouse its an rpg, but just has in real life these questions cannot be satisfacturally answered by mere Humans. Is it or is it not "god". are the Knights powered by the Forge or thier beliefs. Uhm you know this also sounds like a good campiagn idea, to get to the bottom of this question.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:04 am

Hero

Hawrk-Ka Invincible Guardsman.

Imperv to Psi, APS: Metal (or flat Invuln) and you're set.

Fallen Knights are more fun than CK's anyway. Love the idea of a guy who used to be able to fly between stars under his own power reduced to telling tales about it in bars. "Oh, you should have seen my armor, it was glorious."

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:20 pm

Champion

I might consider magic THE cosmic energy. It is everything and can become anything. It produces magnetism electricity 0 gravity, ect. Creation could have been a deific spell

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.