enemy invaiding force

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MASTERMIND
Adventurer
Comment: I game... Therefore I am...

Unread post by MASTERMIND »

Aztek from the DCU was a hero created by the D Society and Quetzalcoatl to battle Tezcatlipoca and its evil minions. The big battle ended up happening off planet but he is a good example of a hero whose purpose is fighting otherworldly threats. Check him out for ideas.

Check out the movie Alone in the Dark for inspiration too. Not the best movie but it has some good ideas. The movie was based on a game series as well.

I played in a game where the Realm of Order (our world) was being invaded by minions of the Realm of Chaos. That was a lot of fun.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Are you playing Rifts, or something else? The Night Lords from Nightbane could be fun. Maybe the System Failure bugs if you are playing HU or something. There are the normal Marduk, Robotech Masters, Invid, Brodkil Mercs, Demons from Hades, Vampires, Spulgoth, bad guys from Scraypers, and so on. I think a Mindwerks style army of Brodkil could be very nasty, especially when they are backed by an evil god or two.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Qev
Hero

Unread post by Qev »

How about a hostile, virulent meme that converts those affected into a sort of culture-sized sentience, a group mind after a fashion? Tha'd be pretty unusual. :lol:
"Then you can simply spead the ground dried corpse bits amongst the plants as needed." - Sir Ysbadden

"There weren't many nukes launched in the apocalypse, so the nuclear winter wasn't that bad." - Killer Cyborg
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Hmm ... I was just looking at this again (I've checked in on it just to see if anyone says something to inspire me, same reason Shadow posted it, though I just like seeing creative, I have no other motivation, anyways ...). This is a question for Shadow (not really a response). What types of spells (since it was stated Mystic Arts) does the character have? That's a really important question. After all, if he was trained just for this battle with invaders, his knowledge/powers would likely reflect something that can be used against the enemy. You wouldn't learn Blinding Flash against creatures made of light or something like Magic Net against an astral being as they would have no body to ensnare. Well, maybe if you had some clever use for it, but the point is that his training would give some insight into the foe. Perhaps if you tell us a bit more about the character you created something fitting could be created for him. Well, unless you haven't created the character at all yet, which is a possibility. Okay, I think that's all I wanted to ask. Thanks for your time. Farewell and safe journeys.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Floopers. (Rifts Vampire Kingdoms for the stats)
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Mack, you are truly evil.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: enemy invaiding force

Unread post by The Beast »

Shadow wrote:I am attempting to create a new and special background for a new hero who is in another dimention and he is taught mystic arts to fight an army of invaiders. However I am having trouble coming up with a truely unique enemy. The only way I can come up a unique enemy is to gather info on what others have done in other games.

I have heard of fighting Robots and cyborgs [naturally...been done alot in many games and movies], giant insect humanoids or just large bugs, creaturs made of some kind of fluid [or fire or earth], demon and devils, orc and goblins, Giants and undead. [just off the top of my head]

I would really like to hear what other GM's have done, what players have fought or have heard what other players have fought.

Make the invading enemies into Gnomes. :lol:
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Mack wrote:Floopers. (Rifts Vampire Kingdoms for the stats)

:lol: That'd be a good one as well.
King Chopper
Explorer

Unread post by King Chopper »

How about a race of Mega psychics ( yes I know been done but wait ), that are very advanced, but have a something of a revolt brueing in there ranks. One side believes that its something of manifest destiny for them to go out and concur all they come across, and smaller group that wants to pull back and leave the rest of the galaxy alone. The smaller group is gaining support, and all it would take is some help to bush it into a full blown civil war.
If I weren't a snob, I'd be unworthy of being French. -Svartalf
"The death penalty may make the State a murderer, but the penal system makes the State into a gay dungeonmaster."
-attributed to Jesse Jackson

Threads killed to date: 23+ and counting

Return to “G.M.s Forum”