Board index » Across the Megaverse® » G.M.s Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: enemy invaiding force
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:41 am

Adventurer

I am attempting to create a new and special background for a new hero who is in another dimention and he is taught mystic arts to fight an army of invaiders. However I am having trouble coming up with a truely unique enemy. The only way I can come up a unique enemy is to gather info on what others have done in other games.

I have heard of fighting Robots and cyborgs [naturally...been done alot in many games and movies], giant insect humanoids or just large bugs, creaturs made of some kind of fluid [or fire or earth], demon and devils, orc and goblins, Giants and undead. [just off the top of my head]

I would really like to hear what other GM's have done, what players have fought or have heard what other players have fought.

"Coming together is a begining, staying together is progress, working together is success"

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:29 pm

Adventurer

Comment: I game... Therefore I am...
Aztek from the DCU was a hero created by the D Society and Quetzalcoatl to battle Tezcatlipoca and its evil minions. The big battle ended up happening off planet but he is a good example of a hero whose purpose is fighting otherworldly threats. Check him out for ideas.

Check out the movie Alone in the Dark for inspiration too. Not the best movie but it has some good ideas. The movie was based on a game series as well.

I played in a game where the Realm of Order (our world) was being invaded by minions of the Realm of Chaos. That was a lot of fun.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:24 pm

D-Bee

Unique things to fight? ghosts. We haven't even encountered a ghost ever in our games, so an invading force of spirits would be something neat to try (and a defenite challenge)

I forget which rifter it's in, but there are these creatures who reside in the 'thirteenth hour' a mystical dimension that some select mortals are transported to every 24 hours. I think the creatuers are called the children of Rhodian... Rodan, can't remember. But it did mention that these deamons were trying to get out of their dimension and wipe out humanity.

Just some ideas.

PC: Well, can a juicer do THIS? *Starts flying*
NPC: *Begins shooting at character and calling for backup*

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:33 am

Adventurer

I like the Spirit Idea. Maybe a combination of the Spirits and Entities and such already statted out along with creatures that have a natural and permanent Intangibility on the plane of existence the guy being taught is native to.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:03 am

Knight

i have created an orginization called the Buhel Accordance. It is a group of highly evolved dinosaur humanoids (they're called Saurians) trying to reclaim earth for there kind. they are funded by an intergalactic terrorist orginization called the Order of Twelve (made up of mostly Grays). Unknown to the Accordance the Order plans on whipping them out once earth is "reclaimed". I have been toying with the idea of having the PC's and the Accordance temporarily align once they find out of the Orders true purpose.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:59 am

Knight

Are you playing Rifts, or something else? The Night Lords from Nightbane could be fun. Maybe the System Failure bugs if you are playing HU or something. There are the normal Marduk, Robotech Masters, Invid, Brodkil Mercs, Demons from Hades, Vampires, Spulgoth, bad guys from Scraypers, and so on. I think a Mindwerks style army of Brodkil could be very nasty, especially when they are backed by an evil god or two.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:01 am

Adventurer

I am actually trying to get ideas of what other have done so that I can create a truely unique enemy that has not been done. [It is going to be part of a background for a HU2 hero]

"Coming together is a begining, staying together is progress, working together is success"

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:28 am

Knight

Shadow wrote:
I am actually trying to get ideas of what other have done so that I can create a truely unique enemy that has not been done. [It is going to be part of a background for a HU2 hero]

that hasnt been done. good luck dude, almost all orginality is gone and it is damn near impossible to make something that doesnt in the tinest bit look like something else. but, if you can do it, hers to you dude.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:59 pm

Hero

How about a hostile, virulent meme that converts those affected into a sort of culture-sized sentience, a group mind after a fashion? Tha'd be pretty unusual. :lol:

"There weren't many nukes launched in the apocalypse, so the nuclear winter wasn't that bad." - Killer Cyborg

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:43 pm

D-Bee

Check out the cyber zombies from Splicers. would make a great spearhead for an invasion force.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:11 pm

Champion

Greetings and Salutations. Hmm ... I was just looking at this again (I've checked in on it just to see if anyone says something to inspire me, same reason Shadow posted it, though I just like seeing creative, I have no other motivation, anyways ...). This is a question for Shadow (not really a response). What types of spells (since it was stated Mystic Arts) does the character have? That's a really important question. After all, if he was trained just for this battle with invaders, his knowledge/powers would likely reflect something that can be used against the enemy. You wouldn't learn Blinding Flash against creatures made of light or something like Magic Net against an astral being as they would have no body to ensnare. Well, maybe if you had some clever use for it, but the point is that his training would give some insight into the foe. Perhaps if you tell us a bit more about the character you created something fitting could be created for him. Well, unless you haven't created the character at all yet, which is a possibility. Okay, I think that's all I wanted to ask. Thanks for your time. Farewell and safe journeys.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:56 pm

Adventurer

I have not actually made the hero yet for I want to create the enemys first and make his abilities to not be limited to just fighting this special enemy.

As it stands right now I am thinking of onlt 2 abilities.
1] a kind of energy fist/power channeling power or a special weapon of sorts.
2] a blast of energy [type not decided]

The HtH attack is faster than the ranged attack and you could think of his abilities as more of tattoo magic than spells. 8-)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:36 pm

Supreme Being

Comment: This space for rent.
Floopers. (Rifts Vampire Kingdoms for the stats)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:10 am

Knight

Mack, you are truly evil.

Unread postPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:21 am

Demon Lord Extraordinaire

Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?
Shadow wrote:
I am attempting to create a new and special background for a new hero who is in another dimention and he is taught mystic arts to fight an army of invaiders. However I am having trouble coming up with a truely unique enemy. The only way I can come up a unique enemy is to gather info on what others have done in other games.

I have heard of fighting Robots and cyborgs [naturally...been done alot in many games and movies], giant insect humanoids or just large bugs, creaturs made of some kind of fluid [or fire or earth], demon and devils, orc and goblins, Giants and undead. [just off the top of my head]

I would really like to hear what other GM's have done, what players have fought or have heard what other players have fought.

Make the invading enemies into Gnomes. :lol:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:22 am

Demon Lord Extraordinaire

Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?
Mack wrote:
Floopers. (Rifts Vampire Kingdoms for the stats)

:lol: That'd be a good one as well.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:47 am

Explorer

How about a race of Mega psychics ( yes I know been done but wait ), that are very advanced, but have a something of a revolt brueing in there ranks. One side believes that its something of manifest destiny for them to go out and concur all they come across, and smaller group that wants to pull back and leave the rest of the galaxy alone. The smaller group is gaining support, and all it would take is some help to bush it into a full blown civil war.

Threads killed to date: 23+ and counting

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.