Tech Modifications

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drakinn
Explorer

Tech Modifications

Unread post by drakinn »

Can anyone point me to any Palladium book that has some rule about how to modify weapons, armor, vehicles, robots etc.? I have players that want to modify all the above. for a price of course. I also need it for a long term plan.

thanks
Skilled Warriors of old
Their wariness was as that of one crossing a river in winter;
Their caution was as that of one in fear of all around;
Their gravity was as that of a guest
Their relaxation was as that of ice at the melting point

Tao Te Ching
Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

Now everyone is going to want that +1 to strike with the costom grip

-Its a judgment call
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and salutations. It really depends on the system. As Nethel mentioned, there are categories in the Heroes Unlimited main book that can modify weapons, vehicles, etc. In Palladium Fantasy there are rules in the back o the main book for magical upgrades and dwarven (along with a few other races) craftsmanship. These rules may be able to be converted even to a different system if elements such as dwarves and magic exist. In Rifts there is the Psi-Tech (Book 12: Psyscape) that can modify things (and states by how much I believe). In most cases, I'd try to view these classes as the only ones who can do it (or at least no one can do it as well as them, making anyone not of these classes not able to do any better than half as good). This is mainly to still make these classes special. Once their special abilities, the knack for being such and such, is made common, it takes something away from the individual classes (just a personal opinion). Anyways, just a few things I happen to know off the top of my head which could help. I'm sure there is someone out there who might be able to add a few more books that I have overlooked. Farewell and safe journeys. Have a nice day.
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Tech modifications

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

I bekieve that Rifts Mercenaries has rules for this.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?

Return to “G.M.s Forum”