Board index » Across the Megaverse® » G.M.s Forum

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:33 pm

Wanderer

And if you're nice he'll diagnose your craziness for you.
:badbad: You
crazzy :frazz:
:frust: little
smilies! :sleep:
:demon:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:41 am

Rifts Character Sheet (381kb)

Here is my custom Rifts charactersheet :)

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:40 am

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: The Emolancer
eterna2 wrote:

..I like it!

-Mike >8]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:30 am

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:13 pm

D-Bee

forvalaka wrote:
Does anyone have a good NPC sheet for quick reference? I used to have one pagers that I could possibly dig up and revise. The recipe cards work well, but it would be handy to have something bigger so that more information can be written down. Also a sheet that can handle multiple NPCs (like a dog pack or Coalition squad, with quick statistics for a leader and grunts) would be extremely handy as well.forvalaka

This should work for you, too. I made these today from a template I use in my Palladium RPG games. But they could be customized for some quick play.

After filling the data I want I put a couple of printouts in a sheet protector and use a dry erase marker for quick notes. (ie, damage, ppe used, extra equipment or whatever I need for a spot change).

Let me know what you think! :)

http://www.ontera.net/~strykr/rpg_stuff/npc_sheets.pdf

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:32 am

Explorer

MADMANMIKE wrote:
..Commonly misdiagnosed as schizophrenia, bi-polar/manic-depressive, obsessive compulsive. Also noted for exhibiting a marked lack of concern for the potential emotional impact of one's actions on others.

..It takes many years of practice to behave in a way that is considered "normal", and even then, people who get beyond a few hours of one's presence begin to see the quirkiness.

..Also standard issue Autistic symptoms including higher intelligence, greater math skills and a necessity for repetition on some level or another.

..So join the club. There are several closet Asperger's Syndrome carriers here, the only open ones are myself and the more extreme example, CyberPaladin85.

-Mike >8]

you know, I know a guy that is currently being treated for asperger's syndrome... he plays in some guys White Wolf game at the local U. Boy, is that kid high strung. Anyone can usually tell he's got something wrong with him within a few minutes of being around him.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:09 am

strykr wrote:
forvalaka wrote:
Does anyone have a good NPC sheet for quick reference? I used to have one pagers that I could possibly dig up and revise. The recipe cards work well, but it would be handy to have something bigger so that more information can be written down. Also a sheet that can handle multiple NPCs (like a dog pack or Coalition squad, with quick statistics for a leader and grunts) would be extremely handy as well.forvalaka

This should work for you, too. I made these today from a template I use in my Palladium RPG games. But they could be customized for some quick play.

After filling the data I want I put a couple of printouts in a sheet protector and use a dry erase marker for quick notes. (ie, damage, ppe used, extra equipment or whatever I need for a spot change).

Let me know what you think! :)

http://www.ontera.net/~strykr/rpg_stuff/npc_sheets.pdf

..Nice, I like it. Short and sweet, to the point. Only thing I might change is the leading; it's a little tight. Maybe reducing the font size while leaving the leading as is would do it...

-Mike >8]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:13 am

evilgeek wrote:
you know, I know a guy that is currently being treated for asperger's syndrome... he plays in some guys White Wolf game at the local U. Boy, is that kid high strung. Anyone can usually tell he's got something wrong with him within a few minutes of being around him.

..It's difficult to overcome without the right experiences/resources. I had several severe trauma's both as a child (houses burning down, molestation, moving away from friends, abused at school) and as a teen (moved away from friends, pigeon-holed in remedial classes, first love disappeared, second killed by drunk driver). Coming to terms with all of these things made the other problems easier.

..If he's had a sheltered life, which is probable considering, than he hasn't had the tools to become more normal. I think the internet allows a person's development to languish as well, so he may never get there...

-Mike <8[

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:02 pm

D-Bee

MADMANMIKE wrote:
..Nice, I like it. Short and sweet, to the point. Only thing I might change is the leading; it's a little tight. Maybe reducing the font size while leaving the leading as is would do it...

-Mike >8]

I had another one with only 4 sections and a larger space in the middle for notes like extra SDC/Hits for certain races (or penalties), but I can't seem to find it anywhere. When I find it I will certainly replace this one. Or I could make another one... :)

Go ahead and change what you want with it. If you find there is something that could make things easier for your game, then by all means, have fun. I think the sheet works for most of the palladium games, but rifts might require another sheet for basic robot combat with various commonly found robots and powerarmor. If want the original word document, let me know here and I'll place a link. It's not uploaded, and I would normally just replace the pdf. You could email me through my website, too.

I use the sheets for the most common types of encounters in my games, which are normally humanoid: Brigands, Thieves, Mercs and Soldiers. Some tweaking is needed for magical or supernatural monsters (I use the book instead for my games). I got the idea for the sheet from the last page in Rifts that has a basic Dead Boy Grunt, Samas and Headhunter Bandit (antagonists).

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:17 am

Explorer

i'm not exactly Steve Jobs or anything but it seems to me that writing a rudimentary program for drawing up characters would be pretty simple.

I could probably turn one out in my spare time over about a 3 or 4 weeks, maybe a month or two if I wanted to make it real purty. Visual Basic all the way, really easily done it seems to me... if a bit time consuming.

I've made accounting programs before that were more much complicated professionally... though, if i wrote it, would i be able to post it here? Does palladium have a problem with that? I hope i wouldn't have to worry about open licenses or some such garbage. I'd just post it and let anyone use it who wanted to.

I'm kind of amazed that no ones done it yet seeing as there are LOT's of geek types around here... no offense, i'm definitely the pot calling the kettle black on that one.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:42 am

D-Bee

Nope you can't, but I don't think that could stop you from making it for your own personal use.

I would love to have something like that. I know VB too, and have been wanting to do something like that myself. Unfortunately, I don't have the time nor all the books to make it worth my while.

I think you could probably get away with making the program and dbase, leaving everything empty and letting other people fill in the blanks with the material they have at home. I don't think there is anything wrong with that since the program would contain nothing that belongs to Palladium Books.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:29 am

Explorer

So I can't post a program here? Kinda defeats the purpose of writing the program to me.

I'd only be interested in writing it to donate it to the online community to help everyone. I have no interest in writing one just to use on my own.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:00 am

D-Bee

I would love to have the program, but there is lots of information on what you can and can't put into the program. I know there is one around called the Rift's Game Master Companion, it is really quite good, but needs more updated material. It was designed and programmed by Michael O'Connor and assisted by Kevin Kirsten and Maryann Siembieda. It could do with more modern programming (imo) and a huge update from material taken from the Rifts GM Guide and Magic Guide, as well as classes and hardware, etc.

What I would like to see is something for Palladium Fantasy. Of course that would be primarily because I'm playing that right now...

You could simply email Maryann Siembieda about what you can do to make that program. If I had a sample of the program and database I could help populate the dbase. And bug test: I use VB on occasion too. Probably not as advance as you though, I just fiddle around with it. Rest assured, thousands of people would download it before palladium books says you can or can't.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:31 am

Explorer

well it sounds like it could be a really fun project. (god help me, i just said sitting for hours... on my days off.... staring at code... could be a fun project... without any prospect or thought of monetary compensation... if i were in Orange County, CA I'd burst into flames shortly after being dragged out in the streets and doused with gasoline for heresy...).

and i do enjoy the thought of contributing to the online community for rifts... I'm sure there is some way we could do this so that it put everyone at ease. So what the hell? Maybe Kevin Siembieda will see the program and personally tell us to stick it up our rears or maybe he'll pat us on the back and tell us it's work well done... At any rate bad press is better than no press, right?

I've got an idea... we could create a user friendly matrix were the users could enter the OCC, RCC, and specific ability parameters manually.

I'll sit down and play with it this weekend... see what I can come up with as far as not stepping on any intellectual property copyright holdings. Now if we can actually get permission to use material from some of the palladium games in the initial project...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:38 am

Dungeon Crawler

My Character Sheets

I take no credit for the creation of these... my friend Zach did.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:30 am

D-Bee

evilgeek wrote:
I've got an idea... we could create a user friendly matrix were the users could enter the OCC, RCC, and specific ability parameters manually.

I'll sit down and play with it this weekend... see what I can come up with as far as not stepping on any intellectual property copyright holdings. Now if we can actually get permission to use material from some of the palladium games in the initial project...

I think it would work. I think that things may change a little after the movie is released. Seems to be taking forever though. I know that a lot of things did change since the idea of a movie was prospected, especially with intellectual property copyrights and all that hoopla.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:10 am

Hero

Question for ya mike well two actually

1 ever get around to doing the ATB sheets?

and

2 with the new Splicers game will ou be producing a sheet for it? inquiering minds would like to know

Lynx

Sentinel wrote:
I'm tired of being mature all the time.
I want to be a small, petty, spiteful bitter man, just once.
Marrowlight wrote:
I'm really impressed and officially dub you 10 Limited Edition Marrow Points.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:25 am

..Still haven't done ATB; I have it, and would like to do one that is more specific for it, but just haven't had the time. I have a weekly rl game, and two online games that have been terribly neglected. Likewise, I have a new route at work and haven't yet gotten my hours down below 60. In fact, in the first two weeks on the route I worked over 150 hours.

..But slowly I am getting my ducks in a row and will be getting around to it.

..Splicers, I don't have yet, so I can't project a date for that one. I do have Chaos Earth, but haven't gotten to that one either. That leaves BTS and Systems Failure, both on the list as well....

-Mike <8]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:35 pm

Hero

you need to get yourself an assistant :P

Lynx

Sentinel wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:17 pm

..My boss did a ride-along with me last week on Wednesday. Basically added about two hours to my day, not including the wasted hour and half taking a lunch break.

..I drive a Frito-Lay truck and deliver and stock chips in three average sized grocery stores (one once, the other two five times a week), the high school cafeteria (twice a week), two shops at the Vo-Tech (twice a week), a Family Dollar, Big Lots and eight convenience stores. Two of those get hit three times a week, and one gets twice, so I have quite a few stops.

..It's a one man job. It doesn't require dedication so much as tenacity.

..If I don't work 55 hours in a week I feel like I'm on vacation.

-Mike >8]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:19 am

Explorer

ouch mike. i totally understand how that is. Tax season is around the bend and I'm already dreading it.

I used to work 60 hour weeks regularly in the military not counting waking up 3 hours early for PT(group exercise). I thought that would change as a civilian but... to my dissappointment. nope.

the only thing that changed was I don't wake up early for exercise... so now, i'm fat AND over worked. :-x

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:39 pm

Wanderer

Serial Experiments Cheese wrote:
My Character Sheets

Cool non-pdf sheets thanks
vsper

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:36 am

Hero

My early Word Perfect Splicers sheet, I'm still working out a few.... issues with pdf and word. I'll get em posted soon as I tame the blasted text boxes.

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-splicers

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:08 pm

In response to evilgeek's comments about a VB character generator, I'm currently working on a slightly related project. It's not a character generator, per se (although it could eventually evolve into one), but it's a web-based GM tool to help keep track of characters/character sheets once the character has been created. The characters are stored in an online database, and there are a variety of web pages available for GM's to use to keep track of and modify characters. (Things like click 'single shot' under a character to decrement their ammo by one ... I hate keeping track of ammo via individual character sheets!)

Currently, I've just created the fields, and the GM/player has to fill them in (so that I'm not publishing any sort of Palladium copyrighted material) ... but like someone mentioned above, I'd also be interested in chatting with one of the powers that be to determine exactly what we are and aren't allowed to do while developing tools for the online community of Palladium gamers.

Once I've got the rest of bugs out (and I'm just starting the beta test phase with our PBeM group), I'll be opening it up to the public and posting here for some more guinea pigs/beta testers/feedback providers.

-Tyran Lockheed
Ivy and Chrome PBeM

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:06 pm

Dungeon Crawler

vsper wrote:
Serial Experiments Cheese wrote:
My Character Sheets

Cool non-pdf sheets thanks
vsper

no problem.

Post subject: Character Sheets
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:23 am

D-Bee

The thing I find with those PDF character sheets listed is that the spaces between the lines are too small. You end up writing so small that unless you have a fine pen you can't make out what you've written when you need to find it quickly in a game.

I'd rather see a character sheet fit onto one page. I hate having to flip over when I'm playing.

BRASS

Post subject: Re: Character Sheets
Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:34 pm

BRASS wrote:
The thing I find with those PDF character sheets listed is that the spaces between the lines are too small. You end up writing so small that unless you have a fine pen you can't make out what you've written when you need to find it quickly in a game.

I'd rather see a character sheet fit onto one page. I hate having to flip over when I'm playing.

..Soo.... You want less on the sheet but you want it all on one page?

:-? :? :-(

-Mike

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:53 am

Adventurer

BRASS wrote:

bah, write smaller.

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(

Unread postPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:23 pm

Wanderer

BRASS wrote:

Unless you want a poster size sheet it's one or the other.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:27 pm

Palladin

I find that with a .05 MM lead mechanical pencil, I can write down any information on any of the official sheets, regardless of format and line size.
I myself perfer a double sided sheet, no more than three sided, as it gets to be a logistics nightmare when running many characters at once.

Sentinel. you'll be always loved by the German Princess.~Nelly

That's twice in one day Sentinel has cleaned up my mess.~The Galactus Kid.

That's the best place to start. Otherwise, listen to Sentinel~lather

Listen to the Sentinel...he speaks truth.~ Shadyslug

Sentinel you have the biggest sig I've ever seen~Natasha

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:53 pm

Champion

3 sided :erm:

Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:03 pm

Champion

Location: Trying to figure out why the average roll of a d100 is coming up 42
Nxla666 wrote:
3 sided :erm:

6sider x.5 round up...

oh so you are saying $740 austrailian is kinda like being paid in rubles then?-Puuh

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:34 pm

Explorer

I use good ol' notebook paper(college ruled), 0.5 or 0.7 mechanical pencils (w/ heaps of extra lead & erasers). If players' characters last a few levels, or it's an NPC, then I'll transfer them to a "formal" sheet (which happen to be hybrids of several different sheets).

Bah Weep Grah Nah Weep Nini Bong

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:36 pm

Champion

I know what a 3 sided dice is, its the referernce to a 3 sided char. sheet by Sentinel that prompted the response.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:40 pm

Champion

Location: Trying to figure out why the average roll of a d100 is coming up 42
oh, 2 pieces of paper, one frount and back, the other just one sided...

oh so you are saying $740 austrailian is kinda like being paid in rubles then?-Puuh

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:16 pm

Champion

Actually after reflecting I knew what he meant but for a moment I had this image of a triangular character sheet that just didn't make any sense.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:38 pm

Hero

Nxla666 wrote:
Actually after reflecting I knew what he meant but for a moment I had this image of a triangular character sheet that just didn't make any sense.

whats you dont have a triangular chracter sheet? guess some one is behind in the times :rolleyes:

Lynx

Sentinel wrote:
Marrowlight wrote:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:23 pm

D-Bee

Heylo,

I love the sheets i have run into so far, but i was wondering if anyone had a good idea for a sheet i should use (or a pre-made one) for a Stage Magician or Master Sleuth from HU?

Thanks

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:44 am

..Pages 4-7 and 12-13 of My Letter Character Sheets were designed for Heroes Unlimited, and pages 1-2 and 9-10 of My Legal Character Sheets were as well.

-Mike >8]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:46 am

D-Bee

For some odd reason, every time i try to follow those links, it always times out on me before i can even see much less load/save anything.

Any other ideas?

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:48 am

BRASS wrote:
...I hate having to flip over when I'm playing.

..You think you hate it, how do you think a turtle feels?

-Mike >8]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:21 am

D-Bee

Hats off to the Mike Man *doff* Thanks for all the help!

Sing-cerely,
Blackharp

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:50 pm

Adventurer

MADMANMIKE wrote:
Septicrazor wrote:
Got it to work with photo shop 7, it was a bit tedious making a seperate layer for every new entry but it came out looking okay. It seems a bit out of focus compared to the plain sheet opened in reader, not sure what the deal is.

SR

..In PageMaker I take the character sheet design and place it on the Master pages; then I can just create a text box over each line and type away. Layering would be such a total hassle, and make the doc huge...

..Somebody once sent me a character sheet that was done in Acrobat so you could just type in the fields, but I can't remember who it was...

-Mike <8[

I have one in Microsoft Word.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:03 pm

Explorer

I have one in XML format for OpenRPG (actually I have four, all provided to me by one of my gamers, I'd need his permission to redistribute)

Subsiste Sermonem Statim

Post subject: nice sheet
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:23 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: I have faith! My character sheet says so!!!
eterna2 wrote:

i like the sheet one comment would be 2 things? Why so much spacing on the borders/ and a nice Rifts logo (if thats legal?) at the top would have been nice?

but a well thought out sheet none the less!

Giiddoen

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:40 pm

D-Bee

The main problem i have ever had with character sheets is dealing with room for skills, psionics, and magic.

As soon as i can put my shhest online i will but all i really did was modify a sheet to allow room for a ton of skill (just in case) and i did a fill in the bubble thing with magic and psionics.

Example would be: O Sixth Sense (2) p.97

the O is actually a style of bullet followed by power name and ISP or PPE cots and the page number references to eith the magic book or the gm's guide. makes my life so much easier.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 6:16 am

..I will point out that there is a Skill Line for every skill available to the most skilled character classes up until 6th level on every character sheet I've designed.

..If you have more skills than there are lines for, you aren't following the rules, or you've skipped past the experience to make a higher level character. That, or your GM is doling out ep's like water from a spring.

-Mike >8]

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:52 am

Champion

madman mike Now i know waht the problem is
Netscape.com is now codifying URLS so they are not instant linkable.

Please create a navigation frame for your pdfs.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:23 pm

D-Bee

I also cant open the pdf files. I tried on IE and mozilla, so I know its not browser related.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:50 pm

Wanderer

i'm having trouble with the links also. anyway to get them fixed?

Edit:
Everything worked this morning, thanks for the great sheets

Dome