Cyborg/mech/power armour amalgamation

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Civilizedflame6
D-Bee

Cyborg/mech/power armour amalgamation

Unread post by Civilizedflame6 »

One of my players is a full conversion both and wants to intergrate mech and glitter boy pets onto his body, like replace his legs and what not, have any of you encountered this? And if so how’s you deal with it?
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: Cyborg/mech/power armour amalgamation

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

I'd halfway roll with it, with the caveat that a GB's legs have weirdly high mdc. Triax has 25 foot tall robots with brain transplants, to give a possible ceiling on size. The book Heroes of Humanity has the Hellbuster Armor for Cyborgs, and I'd go with something similarly ablative as a median between Cyborg and Power Armor. Only a few types of cyborgs can get a RPA skill, so other than having extra armor it's not necessarily exploitative. The exceptions are the Triax Luftwaffe Combat Cyborg Pilot which is stuck with a light chassis, the Mining Borg which gets one free slot by accident, Heroes Unlimited Cyborgs which have to get rebuilt, and space borgs (Megaversal Legion/Quatoria/Repo-bots/Cyberai).

If you feel like having some skill penalties for the Cyberdocs and Operators, or require any work be done at a particularly advanced facility, I'd say that's more than enough for some piecemeal bonuses.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”