Board index » Across the Megaverse® » G.M.s Forum

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:06 am

Explorer

Does anyone know where I can find the stats for giant insects to use in After the Bomb? I know there are stats in the main rulebook and the supplements, but I don't feel the stats from the original sourcebooks are comparable to second edition and the stats in second edition are incredibly vague. What I'm after are insects that can be ridden, primarily, or used as beasts of burden, so things like Speed, PS, and other combat abilities are important. I thought Palladium Animals and Monsters may have had some good stats for giant beetles and similar things, but no such luck.

Regards,
RD

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:28 pm

Champion

Greetings and Salutations. There's the Rock Buzzer in Baalgor Wastelands (PF Book 9) that's a house fly amd beetle mix used as a small flying mounts (with a few different colors for different stats).

There's also some fan made AtB insects that can be found on these forums: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=70707&start=100

I saw Social Insects (Ants) on page 2 of 3 and then some other insects (such as Beetles and Praying Mantis) on page 3 of 3. I only did a quick skim of the pages though, so there might be more that I missed.

Anyways, hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys.

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:43 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "
Mutants in Orbit has several different insects but they are more monsters then beasts of burden or riding animals.

Ultimate Insider - World Book 33: Northern Gun 1
Ultimate Insider - World Book 34: Northern Gun 2
Proud Showdown Level Backer - Robotech RPG Tactics

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:12 pm

Explorer

Thanks for that, folks. I'm really after "monster" stats though (ie what their attributes are, combat abilities, etc), not character creation/BIO-E tables.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:44 am

Adventurer

Robotech: The Genesis Source Book has the type of stats you’re looking for rideable sized insects. Granted they were not intended to ride originally, and they’re MDC, but you could easily adapt. The listings include attributes and such.

Robotech: Return of the Nasters has a giant ant. Not as detailed as the insects in the Genesis Pit book though.

Hope this helps.