Board index » Across the Megaverse® » G.M.s Forum

 


Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:42 am
  

Explorer

Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 3:45 am
Posts: 106
Okay, this is no doubt one of those "how long is a piece of string" type questions, but does anyone know if there's a *general* credits to dollars conversion? If I wanted to use the items from Rifts, such as vehicles, in a Heroes Unlimited campaign, what would be a good general conversion? Now, I'm not talking about some prototype invention what would cost a lot more. For example, if I took one of the APCs from Rifts and wanted to use those stats for the APCs here, should I divide the costs by 10, by 100, etc? Things in Rifts seem to cost a lot more however, since I don't play it myself, I don't know how common in the game each of those items are, so I don't really have a basis for comparison.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
RainbowDevil


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:34 am
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:48 pm
Posts: 819
Location: Top Secret Goverment Thinktank
RainbowDevil wrote:
Okay, this is no doubt one of those "how long is a piece of string" type questions, but does anyone know if there's a *general* credits to dollars conversion? If I wanted to use the items from Rifts, such as vehicles, in a Heroes Unlimited campaign, what would be a good general conversion? Now, I'm not talking about some prototype invention what would cost a lot more. For example, if I took one of the APCs from Rifts and wanted to use those stats for the APCs here, should I divide the costs by 10, by 100, etc? Things in Rifts seem to cost a lot more however, since I don't play it myself, I don't know how common in the game each of those items are, so I don't really have a basis for comparison.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
RainbowDevil


Generally the Group I am in does a straight 1 Credit for 1 Dollar.

_________________
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:53 pm
  

User avatar
Megaversal® Ambassador

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:54 pm
Posts: 264
Location: The Devil's Gate, Missouri
SpiritInterface wrote:
Generally the Group I am in does a straight 1 Credit for 1 Dollar.

I generally do this.

However, you can adjust as needed. Here's an example form the books. Hopefully, it helps.

Pocket Night Viewer
RUE p. 264 800-1000 credits
Dead Regin RPG p. 118 $800

_________________
A wise man once correctly stated,"Life without pain has no meaning."
---Ladies and Gentlemen, I wish to give your lives meaning!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:31 am
  

Explorer

Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 3:45 am
Posts: 106
My main problem with the one for one conversion is the high end items. Sure, basic things aren't so bad, but then when you get vehicles, TW gadgets, etc that cost in the order of one million or more credits, it becomes impossible for the group to ever reach that level of wealth.


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:06 am
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:50 am
Posts: 6167
Location: WI
Well keep in mind that Rifts Prices that get listed might in fact be "Black Market" cost and not "White Market" cost.

One thing you could do if you have the time though would be to use the hardware build tables for vehicles/bots/pa to build a close approximation and compare its cost to the Rifts cost. Though if you are looking at a quickie rule of thumb, I'd go with the 1:1 ('bots/pa budgets in HU are still in millions...).


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:37 am
  

User avatar
Hero

Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:48 pm
Posts: 819
Location: Top Secret Goverment Thinktank
RainbowDevil wrote:
My main problem with the one for one conversion is the high end items. Sure, basic things aren't so bad, but then when you get vehicles, TW gadgets, etc that cost in the order of one million or more credits, it becomes impossible for the group to ever reach that level of wealth.


The GM needs to find away to provide the group with either funds or some way to get some sort of discount. Remember real life things are expensive. A used Helicopter cost 2 million Dollars, Cray super computers much more.

They may need a benefactor who for them doing the occasional favor funds the big ticket items, or give one of the PCs Bruce Wayne/Tony Stark rich and let them fund the group.

_________________
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:03 pm
  

User avatar
Priest

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 2:01 am
Posts: 28372
Location: In the ocean, punching oncoming waves
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay
The Universal Credit is supposed to be the equivilant to one US or Canadian dollar, only adjusted for inflation.
(Collected MOPs, p. 108)

_________________
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!


          Top  
 
Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:27 am
  

User avatar
Knight

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2001 1:01 am
Posts: 5742
Location: Clone Lab 27
RainbowDevil wrote:
My main problem with the one for one conversion is the high end items. Sure, basic things aren't so bad, but then when you get vehicles, TW gadgets, etc that cost in the order of one million or more credits, it becomes impossible for the group to ever reach that level of wealth.

No it is not, it may be hard but not impossible.

_________________
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.


          Top  
 
 
Post new topic Reply to topic



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group