Board index » Across the Megaverse® » G.M.s Forum

Unread postPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:06 am

Monk

I was going through the AUGG book and looking at the Spacecraft pilot skill program. There is a skill in it called Operate Sensory Systems (@ +25%) but I can not find that skill in any of the HU2 books I've looked through. (The very next skill in the program is read sensory equipment @ +25%.)

I was wondering if anyone else has found any skills in skill programs or class skills or wherever that are not detailed out as a skill anywhere?

Mostly I write out exactly what I mean, then sometimes get even more finicky.

My Artwork

Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Fri May 19, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:17 am

Knight

While NOT from HU2E, the RT2E RPG has a few skills like that:
Pilot: ASC Power Armor (Masters SB, various OCC/MOS packages, Battloids and PA by OCC descriptions seem to be separate skills given there is a separate Pilot: Battloid option in a few cases)
Pilot: Bioroid (Masters SB)
Pilot: Bioroid Gravsled (Masters SB, given that you are operating a mecha to handle a separate vehicle I can see this being a separate skill)
Aerospace Fighter (Macross SB)
MECT: Elite XXX (some of the Mecha/Robot Combat Elite Skill options point to mecha that don't exist/haven't been detailed yet/or bad editing with regard to name changes)

When stuff like this happens one individual in our group will go "It's P-A-L-A-D-I-U-M".

Unread postPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:40 am

Monk

Comment: The Munchkin Fairy
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
I was going through the AUGG book and looking at the Spacecraft pilot skill program. There is a skill in it called Operate Sensory Systems (@ +25%) but I can not find that skill in any of the HU2 books I've looked through. (The very next skill in the program is read sensory equipment @ +25%.)

I was wondering if anyone else has found any skills in skill programs or class skills or wherever that are not detailed out as a skill anywhere?

I am pretty sure that was MEANT To be Read Sensory Equipment.

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Unread postPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:49 pm

Monk

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

I am pretty sure that was MEANT To be Read Sensory Equipment.

Yes…...But that is not the idea I started this topic about.

responding to SL:
Yep, I noticed there are more then normal in the 2nd ed RT books. Some of the mistakes are corrected in later books thou. example: the seduction skill is listed in the Muse occ skills but the skill is not detailed till the NG book.

Does anybody else have any more?

Mostly I write out exactly what I mean, then sometimes get even more finicky.

My Artwork

Unread postPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:50 pm

Knight

drewkitty wrote:
Yep, I noticed there are more then normal in the 2nd ed RT books. Some of the mistakes are corrected in later books thou. example: the seduction skill is listed in the Muse occ skills but the skill is not detailed till the NG book.

I know in 2E some skills are mentioned, but get covered in later books in the line. I was avoiding those and looking for the ones that are mentioned but don't get covered. We create a master skill list to avoid having to flip through books and such.

Otherwise in terms of skills mentioned, but not detailed. I can't really think of anything. I thought there was one in the HU2E basic Programs called "Criminal Sciences" but they make a note that it doesn't include Forensics. Not sure if that is what you would consider named but not listed since it implies to use Criminal Sciences & Forensics Medical Skill, but you don't include the forensics aspect.