Help creating a new city

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RainbowDevil
Explorer

Help creating a new city

Unread post by RainbowDevil »

Hi folks,

I'm designing a new city for my supernatural After the Bomb campaign, and I'm at a loss to come up with all the infrastructure to include.
Even though it's in After the Bomb, it would be more like a Rifts city than a post-holocaust city in terms of the feel and level of advancement. Any ideas for the sorts of shops, facilities, etc to include?

It's on a very heavy ley-line zone, with frequent rifts opening up, so a lot of weird stuff falls through, plus they're frequently fighting off other monsters. It's a very new city with a population of about 5000, and is beside a massive salt water lake in the middle of the desert. People flock to this city because they think the leader is some spiritual figure. They use slaves (criminals) and zombies to help build. Because it's beside a lake but in the middle of the desert, the city has a big, vibrant feel to it, with the inhabitants living life to the full. They also have a trade contract with a highly advanced (as in pre-Crash) city a few hundred kms away, so it's quite advanced as most cities go. They'd also have some weird, alien stuff there due to things that fell through the rifts. One thing that gives it its unique character is that there are lots of sporting events that happen on the lake, and these are televised throughout the city. The people themselves don't have television, but there are large screens scattered throughout the city.

Obviously a de-salination plant would be necessary, as would solar panels.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Regards,
Rainbow Devil

Return to “G.M.s Forum”