helpfull player rewards

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

sirkermittsg
Explorer

helpfull player rewards

Unread post by sirkermittsg »

A friend of mine has been effectively a co-gm in a long running online game. I found a couple of cool ways to say thank you to him.... i am curious how the rest of you reward helpful players.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: helpfull player rewards

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

The most common thing I do to reward players is to give them a reroll that is good until the end of the current session. If they merit two or more, they vanish one per session unless used.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I have a GM game theory called the gimmie that I use.
Each player starts with a gimmie that they can cash in for something unique... "gimmie some extra gear" "gimmie this bonus skill" "gimmie a bonus spell" etc.
If you save your gimmie you can use it in play....This can be used for lots of things....(One example was a character had theirs, due to the dice rolls and actions of the group the situation had been totally botched and they were basically looking at a disaster of biblical proportions (infectious plague with a 74% leathality rate getting out into the city)...."Gimmie a way to solve this"....and the campaign continues with out a hitch)

Players who do helpful things can be given another gimmie or other 'deus ex machine card' (A player in a game was helpful, and was willing to give up their play time to accommodate the desires of a couple other players who were very much prima donna's....as a result they spent a lot of time 'off screen' 'implementing the fleet plans for the group'....and they got a code that they could use to summon reinforcements (once).
One time, one space battle....they could call for help and know that a task force of navy ships would respond.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

A nice felt-lined dice roller.
Or pizza.
Pizza's good.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

At the end of every session I ask each player who in the group helped make the game more exciting for them. They get to nominate one person each and the player with the majority of votes gets bonus experience points; usually 10% of whatever it will take to get to the next level, sometimes 20%. I award an equal amount of bonus points to the player that I think did the most to improve the session. It's been the same person on rare occasions.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”