Impact of starvation on healing

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nightmask
Palladin

Impact of starvation on healing

Unread post by Nightmask »

So, are there any rules anywhere or even guidelines regarding the impact of starvation on healing powers/abilities? While some it's explicit or implicit in the powers that lack of sustenance won't have any impact on the powers and the being will continue to heal by drawing in mass in some fashion from elsewhere (like the mega-hero power of Immortal Regeneration) others should definitely be affected by it like Healing Factor or Immortality.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Impact of starvation on healing

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

There are no rules for starving or malnutrion period, at least none i've ever seen.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Robotech New Generation Source Book (2E line) on pg59-60 has rules for Starvation & de-hydration. Unfortunately they do not consider things like regeneration rates, since it is not a factor in Robotech. I do not know if the rules have been reprinted elsewhere in other lines (like Rifts, Palladium Fantasy, or HU).

The only other place I've seen a mentioned of starvation effects is in the "Resist Hunger" Physical Psychic Power (pick a main book w/psychic powers, I checked RUE and PF2E). The only thing it mentions is a weight loss rate. So there might be other tid bits like this scattered about in terms of starvation.

I do not think there is an indication on starvation & healing's impact, but given the loss of SDC/MDC and other aspects healing I would think would be very difficult.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Best place to start looking for examples would be the necro-magic spells of Curse of Wasting and Curse of Hunger, but they really don't go into it too much. Just some negative modifiers on skills and combat bonuses for the spells' duration.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”