NPC suggestion

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mercedogre
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I ******* hate the atmosphere of the conversations here on these forums

NPC suggestion

Unread post by mercedogre »

here's a premise of a new game: a powerful, experienced (10th level?) being, based out of a Millennium Tree, is recruiting 4-5 4th level psychic characters (at least minor psychic abilities) from around the globe to fight supernatural evils in various places on Rifts Earth. The hope is the get the characters prepared/trained for an impending demon invasion (Minion Wars).

Who do you see as the recruiter/mentor/trainer NPC to the players?

At some point in the game, the players will learn that there are other groups of characters also training in the same manner in different locations/trees, each group has it's own mentor/trainer, so I need a few ideas.
You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: NPC suggestion

Unread post by Bill »

A millennium druid would seem to be the obvious choice. I think a dragon, demi-god, or mind melter would also be appropriate. Maybe a demi-god millennium druid with super psionics?
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Which game? Im gonna assume Rifts as Millenium trees are only in Rifts and PFRPG.

Cyber knights ofc! Mentoring in the ways of becoming a cyber knight - its what they do!

Or a Chiang Ku dragon - teaches the apprentice to fight and grants them tattoos.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

I think anything that supports and respects natural order and life fits, as demons and devils are basically the antithesis of that.

Getting into specifics, I like the druid or the knight. I myself made a godling druid (druid occ with additional earth warlock magic) who granted the players some help. She didn't mentor them, but she's been a great ally.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

I like the Chaing-Ku Dragon as mentors.

Also True Atlanteans. I use an Atlantean Drifter that drops in on my current group now and then. Seems to work well for my purposes.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”