Board index » Across the Megaverse® » G.M.s Forum

Post subject: NPC suggestion
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:05 am

Dungeon Crawler

Comment: I ******* hate the atmosphere of the conversations here on these forums
here's a premise of a new game: a powerful, experienced (10th level?) being, based out of a Millennium Tree, is recruiting 4-5 4th level psychic characters (at least minor psychic abilities) from around the globe to fight supernatural evils in various places on Rifts Earth. The hope is the get the characters prepared/trained for an impending demon invasion (Minion Wars).

Who do you see as the recruiter/mentor/trainer NPC to the players?

At some point in the game, the players will learn that there are other groups of characters also training in the same manner in different locations/trees, each group has it's own mentor/trainer, so I need a few ideas.

You'd better stand there's no turning back

Post subject: Re: NPC suggestion
Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:21 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

A millennium druid would seem to be the obvious choice. I think a dragon, demi-god, or mind melter would also be appropriate. Maybe a demi-god millennium druid with super psionics?

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:40 am

Rifter® Contributer

Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"
Which game? Im gonna assume Rifts as Millenium trees are only in Rifts and PFRPG.

Cyber knights ofc! Mentoring in the ways of becoming a cyber knight - its what they do!

Or a Chiang Ku dragon - teaches the apprentice to fight and grants them tattoos.

Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Unread postPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:07 am

Knight

Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.
I think anything that supports and respects natural order and life fits, as demons and devils are basically the antithesis of that.

Getting into specifics, I like the druid or the knight. I myself made a godling druid (druid occ with additional earth warlock magic) who granted the players some help. She didn't mentor them, but she's been a great ally.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:32 pm

Hero

Comment: Three Galaxies Lemuria GM.
I like the Chaing-Ku Dragon as mentors.

Also True Atlanteans. I use an Atlantean Drifter that drops in on my current group now and then. Seems to work well for my purposes.