Where are the g-force rules?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nightmask
Palladin

Where are the g-force rules?

Unread post by Nightmask »

I remember seeing rules for characters regarding being subjected to G forces and what powers can improve one's ability to tolerate them but for the life of me can't figure out where they are since I think they're in just one book and with thousands of pages of text I just have no clue where to find them at. Anyone have any idea which book they're in and where?
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
SpiritInterface
Hero

Re: Where are the g-force rules?

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

Sonic Flight talks about it, and so does Mega Wings I believe.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

SpiritInterface wrote:Sonic Flight talks about it, and so does Mega Wings I believe.

There's a separate section somewhere though that covers more detailed rules regarding the effects of g forces though, but so far I'm not finding them in the books I'd think to find them in.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The control gravity power has some rules......which are nerfed.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Nightmask wrote:
SpiritInterface wrote:Sonic Flight talks about it, and so does Mega Wings I believe.

There's a separate section somewhere though that covers more detailed rules regarding the effects of g forces though, but so far I'm not finding them in the books I'd think to find them in.

Have you tried Mutants in Orbit or the Phase World books?
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I believe the MiO texts just talk about the effects on chars' movements if growing up in micro-g and moving into a macro-g field and those growing up in a macro-g field moving in a micro-g field.

There is several pages of text on the environment of space in the AUGG book.

There is very minimal text in the 3G books, moving in micro-g in covers mainly in the zero-g movement skill in the 1st 3G book PW.

As to skills that let one withstand multiples of earth G field in acceleration....I don't know of any. Maybe the Acrobatics skill from the RT2 macross era-book could be the basis of a GM's fiat ruling.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”