Streaming a Rift Campaign with Roll20

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dinne
Wanderer

Streaming a Rift Campaign with Roll20

Unread post by Dinne »

Herro good sirs and madams! :lol: I was curious and wanted some good input (always plentiful here). I also wanted to stir some good conversation about Roll20.net and maybe get some info about use of artwork and such.

I'm going to be starting up a brand spanking new campaign called "No Man's Land" (Oooh scury ;) ). I'm going to be providing hand drawn artwork by me and using virtually designed maps for the players to use. For the storytelling that doesn't use the virtual maps I'll basically place piece of artwork up for them to get an idea of what they are looking at. Sooo anyway, I found this roll20.net place and it seems pretty dang awesome. I'm basically able to do everything. I was really curious of any successes (or failures) people had with the website.

Normally I wouldn't worry too much about artwork, but since I'll be streaming this over twitch, I'm curious. I really wish one of the artistically inclined ppl from this forum would create some Rifts packs that I could just outright buy, but I doubt that as a reality. If I use Palladium artwork when doing a live stream I would assume that would be seen as a good thing. I mean...that's one of the coolest things about palladium is their ability to put all of those stats into a picture that pops. I'd always hope that people seeing original artwork would maybe gravitate to Rifts because of seeing it on stream. I do know that some company's are super anal about their licensed work and such, though (which is totally their right :) ). I'd hate to assume anything and violate any sort of ethical standard set forth previously, though. I just want to make this a good experience for the players and show people via live stream what that's like.

I'm still designing parts to be used, atm, but I was also wondering if anyone thinks anyone else would be interested in viewing a live game like this?

All thoughts are welcome. Thanks ahead of time.
Mechghost
Explorer

Re: Streaming a Rift Campaign with Roll20

Unread post by Mechghost »

Just started playing on Roll20 in a DR game and a Rifts game, the only thing I don't like are the character sheets for Pally games that are on the site, they're, well, kinda basic and haphazard. Other than that its looking like a fun setup
"Did you find him?"
"Just the parts they didn't like..."

Return to “G.M.s Forum”