References to SDI and Cheyenne Mountain in Rifts

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

sirkermittsg
Explorer

References to SDI and Cheyenne Mountain in Rifts

Unread post by sirkermittsg »

I am looking for references to SDI or Cheyenne Mountain in the books.

so far on the list:

Chaos Earth mentions contact being lost with Norad and the president being dead.

Mutants in Orbit has several SDI satelites listed.

apparently one of the tolkeen siege books has SDI sattellites listed in it.... any one know which one?

any other listings any one knows of?
Arakash
D-Bee

Re: References to SDI and Cheyenne Mountain in Rifts

Unread post by Arakash »

sirkermittsg wrote:I am looking for references to SDI or Cheyenne Mountain in the books.

so far on the list:

Chaos Earth mentions contact being lost with Norad and the president being dead.

Mutants in Orbit has several SDI satelites listed.

apparently one of the tolkeen siege books has SDI sattellites listed in it.... any one know which one?

any other listings any one knows of?

Its interesting you mention this, as i was looking up a very similar subject for a campaign recently.

Rifts- Aftermath pg131 has a very short reference to NORAD in Colorado, which i always assumed to be a reference to the NORAD facilities around Colorado Springs including Cheyenne Mountain.
It doesn't list anything like satellites or anything in detail though.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There are all those space based beam weapons in Mutants in Orbit which would be the CE and Rifts modern equivalents of the 80's SDI theme.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Siege on Tolkeen #3 the Sorcerers' Revenge pg. 40-42 talks about Jado Kado, her obsession with the SDI systems, a CS operation called Operation Falling Star to get control and the like.
Rifter #4 has official material on Archie 3. In the section on New Revelations and New Technology it talks about his links to the satellite system.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Rifter #47 and 48 have adventures for NORAD. #47 is set during great Cataclysm (Chaos Earth), and #48 is set 300 years later (Rifts).
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

jedi078 wrote:Rifter #47 and 48 have adventures for NORAD. #47 is set during great Cataclysm (Chaos Earth), and #48 is set 300 years later (Rifts).

Are those Cheyenne mountain or all NORAD? See, the reason I ask is because, NORAD is not Cheyenne mountain it is a command of which the Cheyenne mountain complex is a small part.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
jedi078 wrote:Rifter #47 and 48 have adventures for NORAD. #47 is set during great Cataclysm (Chaos Earth), and #48 is set 300 years later (Rifts).

Are those Cheyenne mountain or all NORAD? See, the reason I ask is because, NORAD is not Cheyenne mountain it is a command of which the Cheyenne mountain complex is a small part.

It's Cheyenne mountain.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

jedi078 wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

It's Cheyenne mountain.

Thank you.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “G.M.s Forum”