Brainstorming a campaign Idea

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

everloss
Explorer

Brainstorming a campaign Idea

Unread post by everloss »

I'm thinking of running a new mini-campaign based on demon/monster hunting OCCs. Classes from around the world, sort of like Giant Sized X-Men meets Lazlo Special Forces.
OCCs I've decided to make available so far;
- Demon Queller
- Ecto Hunter
- Slayer
- Momano Headhunter
- Psi-stalker
- Demon Catcher
- Goblin Wrangler
- Anti-Monster
- Holy Terror
- Huntsman-Trapper

I decided against OCCs like Undead Slayer and Monster Hunter because they are race specific (True Atlantean). Which, under minor scrutiny doesn't hold up, since I've included Psi-stalkers and Holy Terrors. Really, I just dislike True Atlanteans. Whatever. It's my game. For the most part, the above classes can walk around in monster areas without being noticed, whereas Atlanteans might as well have a target painted on their chests.

I also didn't include very specific OCCs like Vampire Hunter, because I'm not planning on involving vampires in large capacity.

Anyway, what are some other, if any, non-race specific OCCs that would go with the others on my list? I'm on the fence about Psi-Slayer's (one of my favorite classes to play) just because they're more about hunting and killing mortals like magicians, rather than monsters and demons. One thing to keep in mind is that the player character's will be away from major supply lines, which is why I didn't include any robot or power armor pilots, but included Holy Terror and Anti-Monster to have a "tank" class available.
Last edited by everloss on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Brainstorming a campaign Idea

Unread post by eliakon »

Sea-Inquisitor from Underseas.
Cold-Blooded from Mercenary Adventures a psudo-undead designed specifically to hunt down and destroy other undead
Cyber-Knights tend to get used for monster hunting quite a bit
Monster Responder from Northern Gun 1
Momano TW Headhunters from Canada
the CS NTSET trains special anti-monster psi-hounds, psi-stalkers, psychics, and normal (CWC starts on page 186)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
everloss
Explorer

Re: Brainstorming a campaign Idea

Unread post by everloss »

eliakon wrote:Sea-Inquisitor from Underseas.
Cold-Blooded from Mercenary Adventures a psudo-undead designed specifically to hunt down and destroy other undead
Cyber-Knights tend to get used for monster hunting quite a bit
Monster Responder from Northern Gun 1
Momano TW Headhunters from Canada
the CS NTSET trains special anti-monster psi-hounds, psi-stalkers, psychics, and normal (CWC starts on page 186)

I already listed Momano. Cyber Knight is a possible addition, but frankly, I'm sick to death of Cyber Knights. I don't have Northern Gun 1 or access to it so I'm unfamiliar with the Monster Responder. I'll have to take another look at the Sea Inquisitor. Unfamiliar with the Cold Blooded, but from your description, I don't think I like it.

Funny that you mentioned NTSET. Originally, I was thinking of running a CS game in the sewers and lower levels of Chi-Town, with the players as members of NTSET and Psi-battalion. That idea morphed into a more world-spanning idea though. NTSET is my favorite thing out of CWC.

Thanks for your response.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”