Armour vs. Stun Effect

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Armour vs. Stun Effect

Unread post by 13eowulf »

So there are several different types of stun weapons out there, and some say EBA is adequate protection, others affect people in EBA, even light PAs. Some, like the stun rifle attached to the JAPE II PA, list MDC ranges for armour. For the JAPE II rifle 50 or less MDC is no protection, 51-80 gives a bonus to save, above 80 is fully protected.

Now my question is: for those with different amounts of MDC listed is that referring to the stock armour, meaning new CS Deadboy standard amours offer full protection all of the time, or is that number referring to the current MDC of the armour, meaning if you shoot up a suit of armour enough it loses protection against the stun?

Example: CS Grunt Nathan dons is 100 MDC Deadboy armour, goes off on patrol, goes up against a JAPE II, ignores the blast, the JAPE II's pilot grabs up a railgun or something, blasts away until Nathan's armour is at 75 MDC, tries to stun him again. Is Nathan still fully protected, or does he have to make a save (albeit with a +6 bonus)?
If the JAPE II keeps blasting away until Nathan's armour is under 50 MDC and tries to stun is Nathan protected, or does he have to roll a normal save without protection bonuses from the armour?

For other stunners: At what point does EBA stop protecting vs Stun Effects?
Oderint Dum Metuant.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Armour vs. Stun Effect

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

When KS says so.......but that is the easy answer.

And other then that, *shrugs*.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mechghost
Explorer

Unread post by Mechghost »

How its written I would think it meant the base MDC of the EBA not the current MDC.

In house, I would say once the armor hits half MDC it would switch - the armor losing some insulation to the attack from the damage to the suit.
"Did you find him?"
"Just the parts they didn't like..."
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

What is the exact wording?
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

I'd say the integrity of the armor may be compromised by sufficient damage. Just spit-balling, but I think reducing the armor to 50% would be enough. Unless of course it's powerful enough that 50% of its protection is still enough to negate the stun effect. Then it might be 75% or even 90% of capacity.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Killer Cyborg wrote:What is the exact wording?

Rifts WB10 Juicer Uprising pg80: "...The rifle fires a concentrated electrical pulse that disrupts the target's neural impulses, affecting all functions of the body, from cognitive thought to simple motor reflexes. The weapon has two settings. Setting one is meant to be used on unagumented humanoids, while setting two is specifically geared toward Juicers and other augmented humands. The major advantage of the rifle is that the pulse blast will affect those in most light mega-damage body armor (50 M.D.C. or less). Those in armor with 51-80 M.D.C. are +6 to save. Those in heavier armor, power armor, vehicles, or robots, or full conversion 'Borgs are impervious. Dragons, Mega-Juicers and most supernatural creatures are also impervious."

Return to “G.M.s Forum”