New skill parkour?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Thom001
Explorer

New skill parkour?

Unread post by Thom001 »

Hello all, I was wondering, like the title suggests, if there is anywhere in palladium books the skill of parkour (freerunning)? If not any suggestions to use existing skills for parkour skill creation?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: New skill parkour?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

that you search the forums for just the same thing

it's been done aready
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Thom001 wrote:Hello all, I was wondering, like the title suggests, if there is anywhere in palladium books the skill of parkour (freerunning)? If not any suggestions to use existing skills for parkour skill creation?

There is no official skill for such.

You will find here on the forums, and in other places, write-ups for Free Running and/or Parkour physical skills.

I think there was also a write up (if not on the forums than on some website I visited) of Parkour as a H2H combat style.

If you want to write your own, I would maybe suggest looking at the tumbling skill, others may have different opinions.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Thom001
Explorer

Unread post by Thom001 »

13eowulf wrote:
Thom001 wrote:Hello all, I was wondering, like the title suggests, if there is anywhere in palladium books the skill of parkour (freerunning)? If not any suggestions to use existing skills for parkour skill creation?

There is no official skill for such.

You will find here on the forums, and in other places, write-ups for Free Running and/or Parkour physical skills.

I think there was also a write up (if not on the forums than on some website I visited) of Parkour as a H2H combat style.

If you want to write your own, I would maybe suggest looking at the tumbling skill, others may have different opinions.

Thanks for answering the question. No official skill means I'll look more into how parkour trained people move and using the books and the forums improvise something.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

The skill has been written up numerous times. You might look for it in the We Gots the Skills thread in the Heroes Unlimited section of the forum or in the Palladium Fantasy section. I have seen good writeups and also terrible ones. Happy hunting.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Thom001
Explorer

Unread post by Thom001 »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:The skill has been written up numerous times. You might look for it in the We Gots the Skills thread in the Heroes Unlimited section of the forum or in the Palladium Fantasy section. I have seen good writeups and also terrible ones. Happy hunting.

Thanks. I'll look specifically for those. Some of the threads I've read have been....odd.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Here is an older thread about this (took me a while to track it down)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=133380
Oderint Dum Metuant.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”