Becoming Gods

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

lostsoul336
Wanderer

Becoming Gods

Unread post by lostsoul336 »

Ok so my story has evolved from 3 astronauts traveling back from one of Jupiter's moons to them becoming mega-heroes and a godling. They haven't fully "unlocked" their powers yet as they do not fully understand what happened. In my next session they are going to have a good understanding of just what they can do. What would you think this would do to somebodies psyche. It is going to be a bunch of power that could go to your head. How/what should I do to see if they go off the deep end with a power trip?
I've faced everything from the Mechaniods to the 4 Horsemen, what's the CS war gonna throw at me?

A juicer with an impact wrench, so what, I've got a UAR-1 Enforcer, what's he going to do.

You come to a fork in the road...
...I pick it up!
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: Becoming Gods

Unread post by say652 »

Make them remove the alignment from their character sheet. Let them role play a level or three and as the GM assign an appropriate alignment based on their actions in character.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

The important thing is to keep your players invested in their characters, not for fear of "losing" but for the character's themselves. If they are inside the head of their own PC, it'll sort itself out. If they're too far above board, things could get messy.

I suggest you ask your players some questions about their character's attitudes, morals and other personality attributes. Not because you need to know, but because THEY need to know. Gaining power like that can change a person, but it usually shoves them in a direction they were ready to go in beforehand, but didn't have opportunity.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Alrik Vas wrote:The important thing is to keep your players invested in their characters, not for fear of "losing" but for the character's themselves. If they are inside the head of their own PC, it'll sort itself out. If they're too far above board, things could get messy.

I suggest you ask your players some questions about their character's attitudes, morals and other personality attributes. Not because you need to know, but because THEY need to know. Gaining power like that can change a person, but it usually shoves them in a direction they were ready to go in beforehand, but didn't have opportunity.

This.

Extremely well said Alrik.:ok:
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg

Return to “G.M.s Forum”