News players next week

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jerell
Hero

News players next week

Unread post by Jerell »

It looks like I'm introducing two new players to Rifts 3G/Thunder Cloud this coming Saturday. To my knowledge they have 0 experience with the Megaversal system. And I have another new one coming that has played PFRPG a decade ago. I was thinking about what I can do to make it easy for them. I will probably make a character before hand for at least one of them. I was considering having a quick reference sheet made for things like "to hit" rolls for melee, ranged, and called shots. As well as saves 'n such for the newbs. Anyone have a positive experience with that? It seems like that'll make it easier on the new people. I'm looking at having 7-8 people this time up from my normal 5.

It's been a long while since I've had new people. I'm thinking I should probably try to keep a decent pace of adventure going with this one, and set up some good possibilities for meaningful NPC interaction so's the newbs can get a feel for their character personalities. I was thinking about going out of my way to keep the action going. Maybe I should keep the objective straight forward this time like protect or blow up a shield generator or something. I'm starting to be a little concerned as this will be their first Rifts/Megaversal experience. Hopefully I can do the system justice with that many people at once, I haven't GMed for more than 5 or 6 at once in a long time, let alone with newbs. :bandit: One of my experienced palyers is an MA so at least I'll have some backup there if needed.

Maybe I need to have some enemies in there that can get laz-melted or vap'ed fairly easily by the newbs as a combat introduction at some point, like some kind of skelebot-like security or battle robot/droid... I should probably keep the Altara out of this one, don't want to traumatize them just yet. ;)

Thoughts?
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: News players next week

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

7-8 players, eh? The last time I did that, I was pretty drunk. It was the only thing that got me through it. Previous to that, i'd run D&D modules. At least with those you can tell everyone to shut up and listen while you read, then threaten them with not reading it twice, then threaten them with death if they download the module.

My normal adventures are a bit tailored to the party itself, and i can get lost easily. :P
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Jerell
Hero

Re: News players next week

Unread post by Jerell »

I do have some Rum on hand... That's always a plus.

Nightfactory wrote:I think I'll eat a whole bucket of chicken this week. :wink:

Crispy or Original Recipe? :bandit:

Return to “G.M.s Forum”