So I tell my player...

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jerell
Hero

So I tell my player...

Unread post by Jerell »

Just this week I bought Dyval ( :twisted: ), and I just told one of my players. What does he say back to me?

He says, "Hmmmm, a book full of demons, what's that sound you ask? It's the XP factory opening!"

me - ..... :shock: ..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought that was a rather funny response. Just thought I'd share that.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: So I tell my player...

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Spoiler:
Waiting for some nerd to say demons are in Hades, Deevils are in Dyval... (Damn does that mean its me?! :erm:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Noon
Champion

Unread post by Noon »

"Good, bad - I'm the one with the XP stick!"
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Goodluck. Special reason people think the Mechanoids would be a FAIR fight.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Demons are the exp factory, eh? I like the way this guy thinks. You need that kind of attitude in Hell.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Yeah. Grug gets hacklust sometimes.

And technically you could also refer to Deevils as Infernals, which I like the sound of.

Edit - BTW Dyval book is great. I like it twice as much as the Hades book. I like the art and the content of Dyval much more, surprisingly enough. Go figure - :bandit:
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

I never liked calling them deevils. Devils aka fallen angels
Demons are quasi gods

Anyhow, I am designing a campaign in which Hades wants to take his realm back from these interlopers. The only thing that is stopping him from laying the god hurt on everything in the realm is a cabal of balrogs has persephone chained in an insanely complex power matrix sapping her of her own deific powers. There are aberrant balrogs who still owe allegiance to hades but can't act openly. They are doing their best to keep her alive and and prepare for hades' eventual return, but hades needs some beings to get in and free her
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

I like the mythical story elements to that. Are there by chance 24 Balrogs in that Cabal? :lol:
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

sorry don't get the reference
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

:ok: Yeeeeeah it is.

KillWatch wrote:sorry don't get the reference

Cabal of 24. A self identified group of posters on this forum. Usually known for rampant optimism, and spreading good will throughout the Forums of the Megaverse. Also for "riding Palladium Book's ass," in regards to things like missed deadlines.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”