Fun With Villains

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

curb
D-Bee

Fun With Villains

Unread post by curb »

I love running Villain based campaigns and have done a few short campaign and one shot tests.

One thing I love to do is encourage my players to think outside the box with their villains. Try to be as creative as possible but stay within the confines of the world setting.

Take a one shot I was part of, not as a GM but as a player. We were told to be creative as the group was being split, three would be heroes, three villains in a superhero universe. I chose to be a partial cyborg, one of my team chose to be a necormancer with a Thriller Theme and out leader chose to be an 11 yr old girl who was an escaped Mega Super Solider (GM allowed it as the other team had a government funded Mega Super Solider). When we faced off, their powerhouse had to play by his alignment, Principled, and since the battle was being seen by the populous and the news watching couch potatoes, he couldn't directly attack our leader as he would be seen hitting a little girl. Our leader ran with it and utterly humilitated him. Fun game.

Anyways, to the point of this thread. I'll be posting some of my more creative Villain NPCs as well as some I have played or have been willed to me by Players who no longer play. These will mostly be Heroes Unlimited and Rifts.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: Fun With Villains

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

HU has my complete lack of interest.

Rifts on the other hand, there's another threat on that game's forum about Epic Villains you might want to read.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20

Return to “G.M.s Forum”