Rifts G.M. Tools

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Rifts G.M. Tools

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Video Example

Still working out some bugs and need to add some more treasure hoard stuff, but pretty much done. Should be finished by the end of next week. Maybe sooner if I actually apply myself. :lol:

P.S.: You might need to go to full screen to read some of it, there was a great deal of Res-Loss when I uploaded it to YouTube.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Re: Rifts G.M. Tools

You're like the only person in the world apparently. :P :lol:
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

I'd check it out, but I don't have youtube access while at work. *grumble*
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Alrik Vas wrote:I'd check it out, but I don't have youtube access while at work. *grumble*

Ah, its nothing particularly amazing. You click a button and it randomly generates an adventure It can also be used to generate random treasure hoards, magical items, critical hits (as per the original Rifts: Main Book) and a few other things, names, etc. All customized for Rifts. For Example...

Spoiler:
Antagonist(s): Trusting Ganka Navy Sailor destroying property/places/things to protect a secret.
Location: Civil War Battlefield amidst the wreckage of a village
Weather: The sky is partly cloudy with light rain that will last 31 minutes before easing off. There is a steady wind from the South that will last 36 minutes before changing direction. The temperature is cool and will remain that way for the next couple of days before getting cooler.
Reward: Indentured Servant(s), should the heroes be successful in their quest the party gains 4 Level 1 Maxi-Killer Juicer servant/slave(s) who will assist them to the best of their abilities for the rest of their natural life. This is very likely a "lesser creature" like a child, goblin, or a Seeker (as per page 49 of Rifts®: Mindwerks) but can be anything you as the G.M. see fit. Note: Good characters should never keep slaves against their will, freeing the slave (into a safe environment!) will earn the player(s) additional experience as per an Act of Kindness.

or...

Spoiler:
Antagonist(s): Succor-Bemoth seeking a long lost artifact of great power, as per page 28 of Rifts®: Dark Conversions
Weather: The sky is overcast with no rain for 13 hours before drizzle starts. There is a gentle breeze from the North West that will last 13 hours before gaining strength. The temperature is cool and will remain that way for the next couple of days before getting cooler.
Reward: Treasure Map, should the heroes be sucsessful in their quest they are rewarded with a map that leads to a Legendary Treasure Hoard.

All with an easy click, it can also randomly generate Dimensions the same way, for example...

Spoiler:
Type of Dimension: Infinite Dimension
Primary Dimensional Medium: Gaseous. Type of Gas: Foggy but breathable atmosphere. Visibility is reduced to 200 yards/meters.
Secondary Dimensional Medium: An object. Any from a castle, fortress, a lone pyramid, a square planet or whatever the imagination desires.
Density of Dimensional Fabric: Weak, those teleporting or rifting to or within this dimension get a 5% bonus.
Magic Level: Intermediate magic energy.
Dimensional Energy Matrix: Negative. Only technology from a universal or negative charged world will function here.
The Flow of Time: Normal time flow. Time flows at the same rate of Rifts Earth.
Dimensional Quirks: Multi-Rift.

The last one is essential when playing with Dragons and Shifters who can just blink around, saves me so much time.
Adventus
Wanderer

Unread post by Adventus »

Akashic Soldier wrote:Video Example

Still working out some bugs and need to add some more treasure hoard stuff, but pretty much done. Should be finished by the end of next week. Maybe sooner if I actually apply myself. :lol:

It has been over 2 weeks! Is it done yet? Inquiring minds want to know !

WE WANT THIS SOFTWARE!@
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Adventus wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:Video Example

It has been over 2 weeks! Is it done yet? Inquiring minds want to know !

WE WANT THIS SOFTWARE!@

I might have got a little distracted and been disheartened because of the lack of interest. :lol:

I have enough up and running for my own stuff, but some of it needs to be touched up for other folks. In my spare time I've been statting out the A to Z of cryptozoology instead of doing data entry.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Yeah, keep at it, Akashic. No slacking off now. :thwak:
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Alrik Vas wrote:Yeah, keep at it, Akashic. No slacking off now. :thwak:

Sure thing man. I edited a bunch of the code last night to make it simpler. I'd made part of it while I was still learning and it "worked" but it was cumbersome. Now its simpler so it should be easier for folks to add more if they choose. However, with the thousands (possibly even 100,000 or more) different variations possible I don't think there is much need to add more to it honestly. :lol:

This afternoon I am going to see Captain America: Winter Soldier with some pals, when I get back I'll get back to it and finish it ASAP. I should probably call Kevin though to find out what I can release and what I can't. I mean "technically" if you pull it apart you could reverse engineer a bunch of "official" Palladium charts and tables and that might be a copyright violation.

That said, the adventurer generator should be good though, I can't see why he'd have a problem with that. Oh, and so you know the "Random Magical Item" generator will be practically useless (unless/until?) they print my manuscript because I don't have the power's ability show up on the item when they're generated, just their names and the items statistics.

For Example:
Spoiler:
Greater Magical Kite Shield
Dimensions: 2.5 feet (30 inches) wide and 3 feet (36 inches) long.
Weight: 8 pounds (3.6 kg).
Range: Close Combat.
Damage: 1D6 M.D.
Bonuses: +2 to parry (in addition to any bonuses from W.P. Shield).
M.D.C.: 50 M.D.C.
Magical Properties: Regenerating (2D6 per minute), Righteous, Spell Ability - Heavy Breathing (Three Times per 24 Hours as per a 6th level caster), Transformable - Gauntlets.
Ashendale
D-Bee
Comment: And then the Catseye Dragon Hatchling and the Mastodonoid started gogo dancing...

Unread post by Ashendale »

This looks awesome! Great job so far!
House Rule #1: DM never buys the pizza.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Nearly done, just got to do some minor touch ups and waiting to hear back from Kevin. :ok:
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

I await it's potential release with bated breath.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Adventus
Wanderer

Unread post by Adventus »

where is this program?????? We want it NOW!
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Can you email it to those of us interested?
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Akashic Soldier
Knight

I am so sorry, I feel like a total ass. However, I have not heard from Kevin as to whether or not I am allowed to distribute it yet. So, I can't. :(
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

I guess I will just have to make my own. I have the tools, I have (some of) the knowledge, I think I got this!
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Wow, how did i miss this........that is really cool
The Dragon Has Spoken

Return to “G.M.s Forum”