Board index » Across the Megaverse® » G.M.s Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:32 pm

Adventurer

Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...
OMG, I said the name of another game in a forum!!! Anyhow, I'm looking to run a game using Great old ones and their minions, but kind of run it like a CoC game, using HF and stuff alot. I am not looking for conversion stuff, I want to run it from a pure Rifts/Palladium standpoint. Anyone have an idea of a setting place or any other suggestions for baddies or equipment. I was thinking it'd have to happen on Earth...

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:51 pm

Rifter® Contributer

Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"
So you want to run a BTS game using the Old Ones from Palladium Fantasy....

Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:55 pm

Knight

Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'
I always thought the Chaos earth setting could also support a nice spooky story if it was before "the Fit hit the Shan." Even a pre-Cat Chaos earth a few decades would be interesting. All the MDC weapons would be largely unavailable so you'd still need magic affecting weapons like silver and such.

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:01 pm

Monk

Comment: The Munchkin Fairy
MaxxSterling wrote:
OMG, I said the name of another game in a forum!!! Anyhow, I'm looking to run a game using Great old ones and their minions, but kind of run it like a CoC game, using HF and stuff alot. I am not looking for conversion stuff, I want to run it from a pure Rifts/Palladium standpoint. Anyone have an idea of a setting place or any other suggestions for baddies or equipment. I was thinking it'd have to happen on Earth...

The Palladium Fantasy Book The Old Ones has some useful stuff on old one minions in a vauge sense, but it's really more of a classic dungeon crawl module than CoC-esque horror, but maybe you can glean some ideas to use in a different way.

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:05 pm

Adventurer

Comment: Molon Labe
MaxxSterling wrote:

Look online. A lot of the original Cthulhu Mythos stuff is now in the public domain. I've have some posts that relate to adding elements of it to Palladium settings.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:32 pm

Monk

Comment: The Munchkin Fairy
JTwig wrote:
MaxxSterling wrote:

Look online. A lot of the original Cthulhu Mythos stuff is now in the public domain. I've have some posts that relate to adding elements of it to Palladium settings.

Indeed. just be careful not to convert any of the later stuff that is still under copyright.

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:07 pm

Adventurer

Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...
^ I like it when people on my blocked list respond to stuff.

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:57 pm

Adventurer

Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled
Alien Intelligences in general are very Lovecraftian. Dragons and Gods has more material on them.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.