Scary, spooky, and madness-inducing!

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Scary, spooky, and madness-inducing!

Unread post by Swift-13 »

Alrighty! Halloween is coming up and I'm wondering what sort of critters, cultists, or Elder Gods y'all like to use to scare your players! I myself like to use Palladium creations (Dark Conversions is a blast!) but I've gotten in the habit of cooking up new stuff to throw off my more veteran players. What sort of monsters or maniacs do you put your players up against?

As with any storytelling, descriptions are more important than stats! :twisted:
Remember who you wanted to be.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: Scary, spooky, and madness-inducing!

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I invite all the players to my house. Then I leave and let them look after the kids.

When I eventually come back they look like theyve been through hell.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
St. Evil
Explorer
Comment: Looking to start the Really Evil League of Evil, because the League of Evil wasn't evil enough.

Re: Scary, spooky, and madness-inducing!

Unread post by St. Evil »

I had a Diabolist object read a Dimensional Rift power circle, to get a better understanding of how to recreate this. Little did he know it was made by an old one (from the secret complex in book 2). As he screamed and screamed the rest of the group had to fight off the rest of the inhabitants. Good times.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”