Rifts Tolkeen Ruins Dungeon Crawl Ideas

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

clawingwolf
Explorer

Rifts Tolkeen Ruins Dungeon Crawl Ideas

Unread post by clawingwolf »

I'm using magic item hunting in the ruins of Tolkeen as the jumping off point for my new Rifts campaign and I was wondering if people had ideas for "Dungeon" crawling in the ruins.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Re: Rifts Tolkeen Ruins Dungeon Crawl Ideas

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Great concept, but I've got nothing. sorry buddy. :)
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

The Rifts Adventure SB2 - Firetown & Tolkeen Crisis has some good stuff on this in the Defilers of Tolkeen and Treasure Seekers.

The Black Vault ASB has lots of good artifacts and if your looking for a good recurring villain the Vanguard from the ASB of the same name would be great. They would be crawling all over the ruins of Tolkeen looking for artifacts they can use to secretly aid the CS and unlike CS regulars they would know what they are looking for, how to find it, and they are willing to use it.

If I were creating this campaign I would have the PCs working for a shadowy figure with knowledge of hiding places for some of the big artifacts listed in the Tolkeen Wars books. Have them clash with the Vanguard often. The benefactor could be any of the surviving members of the Tolkeen council Warlord Scard works really great for this. Crazy, evil, and powerful - the recurring villain trifecta. When things hit the boiling point players could be caught between the CS, Vanguard, and Scard.

Also, the Rifts Adventure Guide (not the GM's Guide), which IMHO is the best GMs resource there is, has lots of good info on planning out a dungeon crawl.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Go old school make big bad dungeon and populate it like an old school D&D Dungeon...Iv'e gotten ideas from a number of sources. Some not Rifts Like D&D, DDO, used real world city or locations maps and even bought one the BESM books at bookstore once. The BESM map was pretty decent I'm adding my own flare of course.

If you need dungeon inspiration, Nothing says 'Dungeon' like Undermountain or Temple of Elemental evil. take a look them if you have them they should give some inspiration.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Going with Rimmerdal's idea, you could have a dragon lording over a ruined city, his lair made out of the shattered remains of old skyscrapers. The folk in the ruins would in some cases be his vassals, in others his slaves...or lunch, whatever. Make it protected by guards so they gotta sewer crawl to get in, then fight their way up the building, have traps in the buildings and a guide who betrays them in the end, you know, that sorta thing.

The dragon's horde would be like...PS 7's with Metal Gear Solid 12 still in the wrapping. Prolly worth a few mill on the black market. Toss in a magic sword or something and call it a day. :P
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Alrik Vas wrote:Going with Rimmerdal's idea, you could have a dragon lording over a ruined city, his lair made out of the shattered remains of old skyscrapers. The folk in the ruins would in some cases be his vassals, in others his slaves...or lunch, whatever. Make it protected by guards so they gotta sewer crawl to get in, then fight their way up the building, have traps in the buildings and a guide who betrays them in the end, you know, that sorta thing.

The dragon's horde would be like...PS 7's with Metal Gear Solid 12 still in the wrapping. Prolly worth a few mill on the black market. Toss in a magic sword or something and call it a day. :P

That is a full campaign right there. Just the Sewer run alone could be a few sessions if spread out right. Hmm inspires an idea.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”