Trying to find reference

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Trying to find reference

Unread post by darthauthor »

Looking for the book with material on conditions for a town.

Found some quote somewhere:
"Without these six conditions, a gathering of people and buildings are not a town. Cities, by the way, are, more or less, big towns, requiring all the same elements as a town. The population of a town can be as little as a few hundred to several thousand. Typically, a city is a sprawling town that has a population of 30,000 or more.
Tiny rural communities are found throughout the old American and Canadian Empires. These are frequently clans and families who have built housing or shelters on a plot of land they call their own. Each family tends to their own lives and livelihood, whether it be hunting, fishing, or primitive farming. Friendships may develop and people may give each other a helping hand from time to time, but they look out for themselves. There are
no formal community rulers, leaders, laws, trade, services, roads or gathering places. Fifty or a hundred families could live in such a community and it still is not a town."

Anybody remember what book this is from?
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Trying to find reference

Unread post by Glistam »

Rifter #1 or the Adventure Guide, in the town creation sections, would be my guess. My next guess would be the old (not new) Sourcebook 1.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Grazzik
Adventurer

Re: Trying to find reference

Unread post by Grazzik »

Glistam wrote:Rifter #1 or the Adventure Guide, in the town creation sections, would be my guess. My next guess would be the old (not new) Sourcebook 1.

Yup, old SB 01 pg 13, bottom right

Return to “G.M.s Forum”