Board index » Across the Megaverse® » Classifieds

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:54 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Howdy, all. I'm cleaning up and doing some reorganizing, and like many authors I just have ended up with too much awesome stuff over the years. It's going to sit in a closet if I have it, so I'd as soon have it go to a good home. This posting is all about unique, one-of-a-kind types of collector's items related to Arzno.

But wait, Jason, if you just want it to go to a good home, why sell? The answer is that I can take funds raised by this sort of effort and turn it around into more RPG material through Jason Richards Publishing. More cash to that end means more/higher quality art in various supplements to Breachworld, and any other projects that I take on. A war chest, of sorts. Prices asked for are what I guess would be fair for collectors. Feel free to hit me up with other offers, or offers to combine items. I'm sure we can work something out.

Item #1: The Printer's Proof of Rifts World Book 28: Arzno - Vampire Incursion. -PIC- It's signed by Kevin, his late father Hank, Wayne, Julius, and another name I confess that I can't read. I will, of course, sign it as well. I'll even have my wife, who is the subject of the dedication, sign if you would like (she has never done this before). It has notes on the cover from the printer, and the proof approval sticker. It even has the Post-It still on it, asking that it be saved for me. Kevin also signed the inside with a note to "Stay outta <picture of a Tombstone>." It is not personally signed to me in any way except for the sticky on it. Asking price is $100 (shipped in the US/Canada) for this truly one-of-a-kind item.

Item #2: Original sketches for Arzno by Todd Hebenstreit. -PIC- I believe this the only Palladium project for Todd, who is perhaps best known as a graffiti artist. The sketches are a combination of pencil sketches, his personal printouts used for tracing/concepting, and some of his studies. Most impressive are his sketches for the Imitator armors that he brought to life in the pages of the book. It also includes the CD he sent me with digital files of studies, progress, and some PSDs in some cases. Note that this art is for personal collection only, and not licensed for reproduction. Asking price for this unprecedented access to original art is $200.

Item #3: Proofs and development work for the Arzno Map Collection. -PIC- For the Open House (in 2006, I think), I produced a limited run of maps for use with the Arzno setting. Included were professional cardstock prints of the city maps from Arzno, plus two new "enlarged" city maps done in the same style. It includes 50 new places of note, described in the same style as in the World Book. The package includes two sets of print proofs on cardstock and paper, plus a series of edits that I did in my final round of revisions on both the maps and the writeups. It also happens to include the handwritten sign I had on the table at the Open House, explaining what is included. To the best of my knowledge, nothing like this has ever been offered to the public by any Palladium author or artist. Asking price is $100.

Item #4: Development materials for World Book 28 maps. -PIC- This is a collection of all of my hand-drawn notes, markups, and studies done for the maps of Arzno, particularly those of the overall state and the city, itself. I worked endless versions of these maps, physically drawing, cutting/pasting, and researching. You'll find notes where I calculated scales and grids to determine the proper sizes for the resources. There are 50+ sheets of sketches and notes, plus seven paper copies of the final maps in sheet protectors that are from my personal gaming binder. Looking back, it's fun to see what failed and where I redirected my efforts along the way. Asking price is $50.

Item #5: Arzno manuscripts edited by Jason Marker. -PIC- Palladium veteran and all-around game design star Jason Marker is my most trusted sounding board when it comes to writing anything. He was good enough to look at my Arzno manuscript TWICE, and I have held onto his notes. You'll find the whole manuscript once, plus the earlier edit that was more scattered. It contains his notes, some further notes to myself, as well as a lot of backchecking of the work in the form of highlighted pages being "checked off." It's always fun to see what Jason ripped me for, as well as what was in the book before it went to final edit by Palladium. Asking price is $100.

Item #6: My personal markup and handwritten notes for Arzno. -PIC- This is, I think, the big item. This is the complete set of all of my handwritten notes and drafts of World Book 28. Every word that I ever put to paper (that I still have, anyway) is here. Loose pages, five legal pads, and some printouts, including my FINAL personal editing copy of the manuscript, complete. You can see the birth and development and final stages of things that never even saw print, like the Carpetbagger O.C.C. It also includes similar notes and drafts of the Arzno material found in Rifter 34. Sprinkled throughout there are other little gems as well, like outlines for books to pitch (such as another Mercenaries book or Ultimate Chaos Earth) and material that never finished development (such as the complete TW gem guide). This also includes my own personal TERRIBLE hand sketches of some characters, monsters, and insignia that I used to help me work through ideas. Asking price for this absolutely unique package is $150.

Finally, I have a few copies of the Collector's Edition of my Breachworld RPG available from the Kickstarter order. They normally go for $50, but I will gladly make a deal with fellow Palladiumites. A very few "standard" hardback and softbacks are also available.

You can PM me for more information or to strike a deal, or email me at jasonrichards.net@gmail.com and I'll probably get back to you a bit sooner.

Game on,
Jason

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com

Last edited by Jason Richards on Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:30 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

emailed you

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:40 pm

I have people on the line discussing Items #3 and #6 so far, but if you're interested in those things let me know in any case and I'll put you in line to wait.

They're going fast...

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:33 pm

Edited to reflect availability.