Lakewood,WA

This is the place to find other gamers in your area. Please don't post any personal information in this forum. If you would like to contact another gamer please do it via email.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Lakewood,WA

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I am working on a new campaign for Heroes Unlimited and I am looking for players. I live just a few blocks from the Lakewood Town Center.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Re: Lakewood,WA

Unread post by Father Goose »

Don't I wish...
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Father Goose wrote:Don't I wish...

There are quite a few people on these boards I would love to game with, but the location issue is always a problem and I haven't ever gamed online.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

I'm in Snoqualmie... But you don't want to game with me... I'm a jerk. ;)
Why can't gamers be drawn to live closer. :(
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Zer0 Kay wrote:I'm in Snoqualmie... But you don't want to game with me... I'm a jerk. ;)
I've mostly lived in the general Tacoma area since I was 10. I rely on the bus, though, and Snoqualmie is a bit farther out than I am comfortable taking the bus to. Plus if I'm running a game I prefer the players come to me. How far is Snoqualmie from Lakewood?
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Unread post by Father Goose »

Zer0 Kay wrote:I'm in Snoqualmie... But you don't want to game with me... I'm a jerk. ;)

You're not a jerk. You're high energy and catch people off guard, but you're not a jerk. I.hope to game with you again some day.
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Father Goose wrote:

You're not a jerk. You're high energy and catch people off guard, but you're not a jerk. I.hope to game with you again some day.
High energy is not a problem as long as you don't want to sit and argue with the GM. I have had players that don't really want to play at a gven moment and try to sit a mission out. High energy at least means you are getting into the game.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I am working on a new campaign for Heroes Unlimited and I am looking for players. I live just a few blocks from the Lakewood Town Center.

Did you try the asking the game store on south Tacoma way. Think it is called the game matrix they carry PB books and I played rifts with a group their a couple of times.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Blue_Lion wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I am working on a new campaign for Heroes Unlimited and I am looking for players. I live just a few blocks from the Lakewood Town Center.

Did you try the asking the game store on south Tacoma way. Think it is called the game matrix they carry PB books and I played rifts with a group their a couple of times.

I actually live quite close to Game Matrix now. Due to the pandemic, I have not been in to see if they have group I might want to join or to put up a notice that I am looking to start a campaign.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:

I actually live quite close to Game Matrix now. Due to the pandemic, I have not been in to see if they have group I might want to join or to put up a notice that I am looking to start a campaign.

During the pandemic it might be better to do a play by voice virtual table top. *Roll 20 has a few campaigns.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Blue_Lion wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:

During the pandemic it might be better to do a play by voice virtual table top. *Roll 20 has a few campaigns.
I've never played games online. I don't know that I am comfortable doing that.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Father Goose wrote:

High energy is not a problem as long as you don't want to sit and argue with the GM. I have had players that don't really want to play at a gven moment and try to sit a mission out. High energy at least means you are getting into the game.

Lol, no, when I'm a player I don't argue with the GM. I usually end up arguing with players when I'm a GM because I don't want to kick them out. In Fathergoose's case we were playing play by post and I was always on when others still hadn't had time to post. In my defense I was also trying to RP my character who was a mutant Squirrel so I was doing quick short posts as chittering.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Zer0 Kay wrote:Lol, no, when I'm a player I don't argue with the GM. I usually end up arguing with players when I'm a GM because I don't want to kick them out. In Fathergoose's case we were playing play by post and I was always on when others still hadn't had time to post. In my defense I was also trying to RP my character who was a mutant Squirrel so I was doing quick short posts as chittering.
I've not played by post. I don't know that I would have the patience to wait on people to take their turn.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:Lol, no, when I'm a player I don't argue with the GM. I usually end up arguing with players when I'm a GM because I don't want to kick them out. In Fathergoose's case we were playing play by post and I was always on when others still hadn't had time to post. In my defense I was also trying to RP my character who was a mutant Squirrel so I was doing quick short posts as chittering.
I've not played by post. I don't know that I would have the patience to wait on people to take their turn.

I definitely don't but it was magnified by me trying to play a hyperactive mutant squirrel.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

I definitely don't but it was magnified by me trying to play a hyperactive mutant squirrel.

Did you get extra XP for playing in character?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

No :( I got told to slow down on the posts :cry:
Blue_Lion
Knight

Zer0 Kay wrote:No :( I got told to slow down on the posts :cry:

I have played a few play by post they usually to slow.

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Blue_Lion wrote:

To me the funny thing is if you want people to slow the roll on posts then implement it they have the function on discord
Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Unread post by Augur »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:

To me the funny thing is if you want people to slow the roll on posts then implement it they have the function on discord

[semantics]
If it's on Discord, I'd call that play by chat.
After nearly 20 years of running EU, I only conceptualize "play by post" as a slow paced, thoughtful game style that takes place using forums as opposed to a messaging service.
Chat games are still (mostly) LIVE whereas PBP games are entirely free of scheduling concerns. (Aside from post rate standards, that is.)
ImageImageImage
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Augur wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:

[semantics]
If it's on Discord, I'd call that play by chat.
After nearly 20 years of running EU, I only conceptualize "play by post" as a slow paced, thoughtful game style that takes place using forums as opposed to a messaging service.
Chat games are still (mostly) LIVE whereas PBP games are entirely free of scheduling concerns. (Aside from post rate standards, that is.)

Hmm, but an important semantic differentiation. I like it.

Return to “Gamers Looking for Other Gamers”