Upcoming projects for Phase World®

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Braden Campbell wrote:They are being financially backed by Jelko Rodula... the only Altess to declare bankruptcy (he really just emptied all his accounts, and then left the Dynasty to found Hartigal Combine). Rodula appears in Phase World Spacecraft as a person of note. He is the Operator who built the star ship that will house the temporal equipment.

The physics and theory that is making this all possible comes from Frank Auklum (who doesn't appear in any books ...yet), a Human scientist with a legitimately rolled IQ of 29.

As for how the party figured out that the Golgan are screwing around with time... one of our party members is a Promethean Time Master, and the party has struggled for three actual years to put together all the subtle clues that have been laid down (Golgan Argosy is on the offensive again with upgraded weapons, psychic clairvoyance is being disrupted everywhere, the promethean is having severe headaches because he can see the ghostly afterimages of timelines which no longer exist, etc). The Second Stagers told him to restore the flow, but that is about all the help they have ever received.

Some sessions were, and I'm not exagerating here, several hours of argument regarding time travel and temporal theory. God bless them, my Players are getting close to the end of the campaign, after which I must promise no to run anything so cerebral ever again. ;)

Promises promises, every time adventure we have ends up being that cerebral. And who can resist a good time travel adventure.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Sounds like a cool campaign to be in. You'll someday have to post it. Maybe others might want to try it out. That way they can mix in the book you've turned in or will soon turn in to PB.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Oddly, the campaign is not what I would call a "Cosmic-level" scenario.

Most of the characters are mid level, with 7th being the group's highest. The few uber-class characters (Time Master, young Cosmo-Knight) are actually of very low level, because it takes them forever to level up. the highest level character is actually the Spacer (his levels come very cheap).
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Aramanthus
Monk

Still sounds like a good balanced group. What are the other characters involved in the campaign?
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Braden Campbell

A Cyber-Doc, an Operator, an Atlantean Spacer, an Astralfein (Star Elf) former Warlock Marine, an Atlantean Temporal Wizard (and brother of the Spacer character), a Wulfen former CAF Fleet Officer, and a Promethean Time Master with a penchant for non-violent confrontation.

We also have several recurring guest characters such as, two Altess Armoria Officers, a ninja Borg hailing from the Central Alliance, and a Wulfen Cosmo-Knight.
Braden, GMPhD

Aramanthus
Monk

Thank you for responding so quickly! That does sound like a very cool group! Please keep us informed as to whether or not they succeed in their quest. I want to know! :D

HH....FIE
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

gadrin wrote:
Braden Campbell wrote:
We also have several recurring guest characters such as,

two Altess Armoria Officers,

as ? spies or occaisional help for the PCs ? I've been putting together a Bounty Hunters campaign and populating it with "unusuals" including an Altess. I figured the only Altess who'd stoop to Bounty Hunting, would be a retired ex-Amorian who's like a travelling snoop for the Dynasty. He'd probably be around 8th or 9th level, and is the only Bounty Hunter that operates from a yacht with two squads of soldiers and possibly servants. :P

a ninja Borg hailing from the Central Alliance

good idea. recurring "bad-guy" ? I'm toying with the idea that certain Oni Ninjas that get badly hurt, but are deemed worthy can get rebuilt as borgs, minus their psionics naturally.

and a Wulfen Cosmo-Knight.

tough one, but if you've got good players then it could be good. the CK code is nice and long and as GM you can hold it over their heads :P
Its a lead wiight over my head my friend. I also play the spacer.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

I like and I want but I hopeThundercloud Galaxy Forge Cleric will focus on the creation of life (as that is what the Forge was 1st created to do and liked to do). I mean something like Conjurer but all creations have their own free will (of course, still lose P.P.E.{reduced for multiples} ... But When the Forge Calls the Forge Cleric Answers---How Many and Where??.

Of Course, My view could be totally off....I hope Braden Campbell you'll consider the suggestion :D
Last edited by Astral Pantheon on Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aramanthus
Monk

I can't wait to see this Source Book of yours Braden. Hopefully it'll be out soon enough!

HH....FIE
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Re: Upcoming projects for Phase World®

Unread post by Thinyser »

They sound great!

but when you guys have gotten the giant galactic scope done I'd like to have PB consider doing an indepth book detailing Center.

Like Atlantis and Splynn combined into one big book of Center. IMO it hasnt gotten enough attention to detail for how huge and "central" it really is.

It is THE trading station.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Braden Campbell

The first four levels of the city are described and mapped (I beleive) in Dimensional Outbreak, due out later this year.
Braden, GMPhD

Aramanthus
Monk

Yeah, Carl mentioned that a few weeks back. He's been working on it. Another nice addition to the Phase World material we have and will have.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I would like to see a books on the spaceships and the Militaries of the 3 galaxies Power blocs.
Maybe a Map to show where each Power bloc,s territory is.
Aramanthus
Monk

Braden is working on one of those. Called Spaceships of the Three Galaxies! He has posted teaser material here and there. It looks to be pretty awesome!

HH....FIE
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

I cannot wait to get either book. I have always liked Phase World more than the regular Rifts setting. Anything that expands on PW is a must buy for me.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Aramanthus
Monk

It's going to be nice to get these new books!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I think we all do that! I know I do! :D

HH....FIE
Braden Campbell

Capt. Amundson wrote:
You do realize I game to get away from real life, don't you? :wink:

:lol:
You use slave labour to build bridges in Colonial Africa?
Braden, GMPhD

Aramanthus
Monk

And the Japanese used it too build a road thru Burma during WW2. Although they called them prisoners of war.

HH....FIE
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

I know this ain't Star Wars, but when I think of space I think of Droids and there should be a book with all kinds of droids, spacecrafts and specialty vehicles for Rifts and Phase world. Maybe name it Tech of the Megaverse.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Any idea when the new Phase World book will be released?
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Braden Campbell

A backlog of books have to be released first, but if you really want to see the Phase World titles in print, send a polite letter to Palladium telling them so. It can't hurt for them to know that there are fans/customers waiting in the wings for Fleets and Thundercloud.
Braden, GMPhD

Aramanthus
Monk

I am planning on doing that. That way they shall know that there is demand for those products.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm sure they'll be out soon enough. We just need to be patient.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I got idea Interstellar Companies and Corpoations of the 3 Galaxies.

Any ideas?
Braden Campbell

Fleets of the Three Galaxies contains a substantial section regrding Trade Federations and Mercantilus Unions: the space fleets of the Conglomerates (mega-corporations) and smaller manufacturers of the the setting.

But no new ones are named beyond those that already in canon.
Braden, GMPhD

Braden Campbell

The Tachyonic Anti-Telephone?

It sure is :ok:
Braden, GMPhD

Braden Campbell

gadrin wrote: :?:

Chronocomm :!:

Nope. Tachyonic Antitelephone. Art imitates theorectical physics. ;)
Braden, GMPhD

Aramanthus
Monk

Sounds very interesting. Thank you for both the teasers and the heads up on your upcoming project Braden. Also thanks for the information! Interesting theory! Hey Gaby, I think there is a thread where people created a number of corporations.

HH....FIE
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

(looks around)
I just want the COSMO KNIGHT book we were promised years back.

Maybe I should start writting one ??
Since I'm jobless right now I have the free time. What are some ideas you guys would like to see in a Cosmo Knight Book ??
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Aramanthus
Monk

If you want to write cool! As for what to see in it. Maybe some refining of various powers. You know maybe looking at each of their abilities and trying to define them better.

HH....FIE
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

TechnoGothic wrote:What are some ideas you guys would like to see in a Cosmo Knight Book ??

I would like to see lesser versions of Cosmo Knights. I would like to see the one in the main book as the Top of the Line model. Maybe offer some variants, but use that as the top power level.

Also, I want to see the Cosmo Knights go in completely non-Jedi directions. AKA, make sure the flavor is distinctly not SW inspired and also not just Phase World's answer to Rifts Cyberknights. If you need some inspiration, go read Doc Smith's Lensmen books because that's where George Lucas got his inspiration.
Aramanthus
Monk

I can see that too. But I've never considered or played them like Jedi. I use them like the Silver Surfer. A Cosmic powered near god being.

I would like to see variation in weapons. My own CK uses a shield as his primary weapon. Some variations would help. Maybe a priest version. You know someone who can commune with the forge. Maybe create a special form of the CK which is a more powerful temporary version for dealing with crisis that even a single CK can't deal with, you could couple this with a serious shorter life. Say it comsumes them if they do it. So they enter the lore of the universe.
Last edited by Aramanthus on Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

HH....FIE
Braden Campbell

Any threat so big that a Cosmo-Knight cannot handle calls for only one thing: more Cosmo-Knights!

Seriously. At certain times, the Knights should (and would) get together and help each other out. That's the advantage of belonging to an Order/gang/union/whathaveyou.

Also, I don't believe that the CK's are even close to being "jedi-like" (as opposed to the Cyber-knights, who are clearly an homage to Lucasdom). If anything, they are Silver Sufer wannabe's. :-P

But perhaps a Rifter article could help patch a few holes and answer some questions? The Cosmic Knights don't need a book... they can be fleshed out in under 15 pages. I'll start a new thread concerning such a project.
Braden, GMPhD

Braden Campbell

Each of my books begins with a few quotes to put the whole thing in context. I've been struggling to find a good one for Corkscrew Galaxy, but tonight I finally found it. I thought I would share, as it fits the Cold War theme pretty well methinks:

We don't want to fight,
but by Jingo! if we do,
We've got the ships,
we've got the men,
and got the money too.

- Macdermott's War Song, 1878
Braden, GMPhD

Aramanthus
Monk

LOL!!! That is a song! So when are you going to publish it? The song that is!

HH....FIE
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

I will be very surprised if either Thundercloud Galaxy or Corkscrew Galaxy fail. As long as both books have more world information than anything else imo it's a sure sale.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm sure you are quite correct Sureshot. Many people will buy them. I know I'm planning on it.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

They need to make both Corkscrew and Thunderclound,but not make the same mistake they did with Anvil,reprinted info from rifts dimension book two:Phase world,they did not need to tell us again about the CCW,UWW,NE and TGE,s Government,society and so on,the pages used for them would have been better use for info on the worlds and races in each galaxy.
Braden Campbell

I have writen Thundercloud Galaxy expecting that the reader is already familiar with the Phase World setting. I think the only repeated piece of text are the Four Freedoms of the Civilization Compact... because themeactically they need to be repeated, and also in the case that the reader doens't own a copy of Anvil Galaxy.
Braden, GMPhD

Uncle Servo
Champion

Unread post by Uncle Servo »

Braden Campbell wrote:I have writen Thundercloud Galaxy expecting that the reader is already familiar with the Phase World setting. I think the only repeated piece of text are the Four Freedoms of the Civilization Compact... because themeactically they need to be repeated, and also in the case that the reader doens't own a copy of Anvil Galaxy.

That's good. I don't mind a little bit of repeat information where appropriate (such as repeating the Dog Boy RCC in the Lone Star book), but when it's done in large amounts I tend to feel somewhat cheated.
My Artwork Samples Set on Deviant Art
Hi! I'm Danger, but today I'll be Uncle Servo's Sock Puppet. -- Danger
US <Uncle> saves the day again. -- RockJock
And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel
mellowmaveric
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re:

Unread post by mellowmaveric »

Braden Campbell wrote:
Aramanthus wrote: I also agree that the powers that be might claim more space than they can control. It's going to be interesting to see Braden's response.

I can only speak as to the Scramble for the Thundercloud, since that's where all the land grabbing is going on.

Following the Great War, the TGE and the CCW signed the Tanet Agreement... which laid down some rules for the colonizing/claiming/annexation of the Three Galaxies. One of the main points in that agreement is something called the principle of effectivity; meaning that if you claim a star system then you must put people there in order to back up your claim.

So, you cannot just plant a flag and move on, nor can you arbitrarily say "we own that star cluster". You have to use or loose your claim. (other powers who did not ratify the Tanet Agreement could do so, but not the two super powers).

The minimal number of people you have to leave there would be 1D100 people... a skeleton crew, or if you want them to have a chance for survival, make them an outpost (1D6x1000 people). Still, when you think about it, that is one small town in the midst of an entire planet. This makes for some very isolated and lonely people.

sounds like a great idea for a campeign just collecting a few adventures and droping them off in the middle of a potentaly hostile planet with some supplies and no more coming for a few more months. who else might try and claim the planet? are there inteligent natives present? maby there is an extinct civilization that lived there or established and outpost from an ancient empire. learning to survive and adapting to the enviroment while trying not to go stir crazy from the isolation. building up the base so others might join and help with the colinization. what role would you have or would the roles rotate to decrease boredom? it would give xenobiologists a joygasm to go and document everything but for those providing protection a yawn fest waiting for him to stop gushing over some fungus.
Aramanthus
Monk

I know that both of those new galaxies books will be a very nice addition to the "Fleet's of the Three Galaxies."

HH....FIE
mellowmaveric
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mellowmaveric »

Hamanu wrote:Ack... Cosmo-Knights: the Green Lanterns/Silver Surfers of Rifts Phase World. Thier very name sends shivers up my spine as a GM as to being one of the "no way in hell are you ever going to play them" classes from my campaign. However that does not mean I don't enjoy a good read into the fluff of the organization, its notable members, enemies and secret handshakes. :D
A source book on these do-gooders would of course have to include a reprint, perhaps revision and in depth clarification of their abilities. Legendary members across that past 5000 years or so; say 5 from the past; top 5 knights currently active and what they are up to at the moment. Most powerful/ dangerous enemies of the knights, including activities of races who have plagued the order throughout its long history such as the Dominators and Demon fleets; a top 10 most wanted list of miscreants in the three galaxies.
Secret meeting places, monestaries where they train, hang out, and any leadership/command structure that have developed over the years to focus their considerable might against. Also high light the Fallen Knight OCC and notable members. That should be it. Atleast 126 pages! :D

maby a class of cosmo knight bounty hunter hired by 'wronged' parties who want retrobution and they are trained on how to go after them
Aramanthus
Monk

The Cosmo Knight isn't that bad of a character to allow in your game. Sure they are powerful, but you just have to learn to adjust your ability as a GM. Remember they have a code of conduct to follow. They are very restricted.

HH....FIE
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I hope Fleets of the three Galaxies,will not only have spaceships in it,but give more info about the Militaries of CCW,TGE,UWW and Power blocs.
Like ther Rank structure,it will be boring if every one,use the same name for the Ranks,Naming Conventions for ther ships,a few NPC,s and Maybe Maps showing each Territories of the Power blocs.

What do you want to see in it?
Braden Campbell

gaby wrote:I hope Fleets of the three Galaxies,will not only have spaceships in it,but give more info about the Militaries of CCW,TGE,UWW and Power blocs.
Like ther Rank structure...

Yes indeed. :ok:

The featured fleets are: the CAF, the Imperial Armada (TGE), the Warlock Navy (UWW), the Golgan Argosy, and the Altess Armoria. Each has a full description of their ranks (the Altess one is just plain funny), uniforms, even their prefered fleet formations.

PLUS, you get a section on all things Space Pirate, the Naruni Enterprises fleet, and guidelines for creating new ships for the Phase World setting.

Awesome, eh?
Braden, GMPhD

Aramanthus
Monk

Yes, it sounds pretty awesome Braden! Thank you for sharing the info with us. It is a definate buy for the coming year.

HH....FIE
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

the Consortium's answer to Invincible Guardsmen: the nano-augmented "Posts"

This sounds interesting, care to elaborate?
Braden Campbell

Braden, GMPhD

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”