Various Dimension Book Erratta

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

gadrin wrote:Minor Nitpick I noticed yesterday: Megaverse Builder under the Cytoplasmic Blob familiar, lists them as having SDC PE + 3D6 , then right after that it has their SDC for SDC worlds.

So I take it the Blob is supposed to be MDC ? I never read Primorder.

Is its S.D.C. for S.D.C. worlds less than its stated S.D.C.?

If so, then it is entirely possible that it simply has more S.D.C. in magic rich environments.

If no, then nevermind. :oops:

~ Josh
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

It should be M.D.C.: P.E. + 3D6.

Carl
ImageImage
Fyrpower
Explorer

Unread post by Fyrpower »

In Rifts Hades the height for the Couril is inconsistent. Haven't got the book at hand but in the description it says they are a few inches tall, but in the stats it says they are 6 feet (or similar) tall. Am I correctly assuming they are Faerie size and the 6 feet (1.8m) should be 6 inches?
"Arrogance is a poor man's confidence"

"Only when I lose myself with someone else, that I find I myself"

"You eat to live, not live to eat!"
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Rifts: Anvil Galaxy:

The Golgan species is described as being amphibious....but I see nothing in natural abilities or skills to reflect this, beyond their heightened senses....

Am I missing something?
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Carl Gleba

Fyrpower wrote:In Rifts Hades the height for the Couril is inconsistent. Haven't got the book at hand but in the description it says they are a few inches tall, but in the stats it says they are 6 feet (or similar) tall. Am I correctly assuming they are Faerie size and the 6 feet (1.8m) should be 6 inches?

I'll not the discrepancy and pass it along to PB. I'd would say they're fairy size or it could be mutable? That would be fun :demon:

Carl
ImageImage
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Techno Smithy receives Metallurgy +20 but there is no listing of skill % or description of the skill.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Nursahburen
Wanderer
Comment: i have DIM MAK.

Unread post by Nursahburen »

DB6: Three Galaxies
The Space Warlock still has no spells, were supposed to be in Rifter 23 or on the website. Hopefully will be in the upcoming Minion War books or a Rifter perhaps... we can only hope....
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

Nursahburen wrote:DB6: Three Galaxies
The Space Warlock still has no spells, were supposed to be in Rifter 23 or on the website. Hopefully will be in the upcoming Minion War books or a Rifter perhaps... we can only hope....

That was a mistake. It was Rifters 3 and 5.
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
Nursahburen
Wanderer

I really doubt that the missing spells are the Spatial Mage from Rifters 3 & 5 but perhaps someone in the know could shed some light on this considering the 3 Galaxies book came out YEARS later I fail to see how the erratta would have ended up in those Rifters... some kinda temporal paradox perhaps....
Carl Gleba

devillin wrote:
Nursahburen wrote:DB6: Three Galaxies

That was a mistake. It was Rifters 3 and 5.

Those are not the spells for the Space Warlock.

As stated previous I included them in Dimensional Outbreak.

Carl
ImageImage
Nursahburen
Wanderer

Thanx for clearing that up Carl.... Now what about the Fraternity of Stars mentioned but again not described?
Carl Gleba

Nursahburen wrote:Thanx for clearing that up Carl.... Now what about the Fraternity of Stars mentioned but again not described?

Hey I do my best. As for the reference above, it doesn't ring a bell :?

Which book is it in, cause I scanned the 3G manuscript and didn't find it.

Carl
ImageImage
Nursahburen
Wanderer

It's (The Fratenity of Stars) in DB2 Phase World pg. 176 under Transdimensional Campigns..
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Cool! Thanks for the location! :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Kesslan
Dungeon Crawler

Re:

Unread post by Kesslan »

gadrin wrote:
Braden Campbell wrote:Naruni Wave 2

I have sent three pages of errata/problems to Brandon Aten, who is doing the book's clean up.

did you mention the payload problem on the Naruni Triple Threat p30 ? They listed laser payload but forgot to mention the grenade launcher.

I think there were others too.

Yeah, I dont have my book with me atm. But I noticed the NE Wave 2 book has a -ton- of errors in it. Mentions of weapon features not statted, or it'll say it has a P-beam when the stats show a laser or some such as I recall.

I also must admit the weapon arms on alot of the robots left me scratching my head. I mean why the heck would you have both a laser and a p-beam on the same weapon arm if you cant fire both at once? The laser ok say has a tiny bit of extra range but not enough to make a noticeable difference. And it's not like one thing that's immune to lasers will be vulnerable to a p-beam and vice versa. The only exception where this comes into play is stuff thats resistant to it I suppose. But then you've got your plasma guns ontop of all that so there is your counter weapon right there...

To me it owuld have made considerably more sense (and it's what i do in my house rules) to simply rip a bunch of that crap out and either put in a bigger weapons payload for the cartridge/missile/grenades or put in larger bore cartridge weapons or what have you in the first place. Still leaving you with a decent assortment without having to have every weapon type under the sun in each weapon arm. Especially where you have energy based plasma ejectors along side cartridge ejectors with a PB and a laser in the same arm onto of it.
Nursahburen
Wanderer

Re: Various Dimension Book Erratta

Naruni Wave 2 fails to mention the status of Naruni operations in South America (WB6: SA1). What gives?
Aramanthus
Monk

Have they ever listed any activaties in South America? I don't remember myself.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Nursahburen
Wanderer

Like I said World Book 6 South Amrerica 1 they operate in Cibola
Aramanthus
Monk

I don't remembger that! Thank you for point it out. I need to go and reread it!

HH....FIE
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

The only operations the Naruni have in SA is that Cibola sells Naruni weapons and equipment. Though the weapons pictured for NE gear is very different than anywhere else pictured
Aramanthus
Monk

I can always use clarifications for those sort of things. Thank you for the specific area to look for the information Marcethus! Another book I don't use often enough.

HH....FIE
Marcethus
Champion

No Problem Aramanthus. I too have way too many books that I currently haven't looked through much lately.
Aramanthus
Monk

Same here. I have everything for Rifts and most of Palladiums books from all of their lines. Not all but most. I'm working on the others.

HH....FIE
Marcethus
Champion

I am currently waaaaay behind on all things Palladium.
Aramanthus
Monk

So am I. RL keeps me jumping to many other things. Once in awhile I get sometime to play catch up.

HH....FIE
Marcethus
Champion

gadrin wrote:Promethean Phase Adept has Steelcloth Robes AR 12 90 MDC
and the
Phase Mystic has AR 19 40 MDC

I gotta think the AR 19 is a misprint, I'd probably just do away with using AR anyway in Rifts.

>

Very few MDC armor like things have AR. It represents that they don't give full coverage on their protection.

Cyber Armor and the Steelcloth Robes are the only things I know of off the top of my head that have AR.
Aramanthus
Monk

Those are good things for your character to have! Various forms of armor that is.

HH....FIE
Marcethus
Champion

gadrin wrote:
Marcethus wrote:Very few MDC armor like things have AR. It represents that they don't give full coverage on their protection.

Except that AR19 means it covers 95% of the time, right ? Unless you do a called shot or something. But
the robes could have a hood (think jedi).

>

That's how I view them.
Aramanthus
Monk

I always thought that most of the Body armor provide full coverage unless it say it is not environmental sealed. That way it's listed MDC would be it's protection. I feel that most sealed armor would have to be destroyed in order to penetrate it.

HH....FIE
Marcethus
Champion

Steelcloth robes aren't environmental IIRC.
Aramanthus
Monk

No they sure aren't. They are very pourous to various certain environmental influences.

HH....FIE
Marcethus
Champion

that's what I thought.
Aramanthus
Monk

But there is nothing to say you can't put an environmental lining in them to keep your character safer when wearing them.

HH....FIE
Marcethus
Champion

gadrin wrote:
Aramanthus wrote:But there is nothing to say you can't put an environmental lining in them to keep your character safer when wearing them.

Yeah with the Miracle Level Technology in Phase World, there's any number of things you could do. Probably build in an OP Phase Field and just phase-out in space, move to where you want (since you're not affected by virtually anything except forcefields) and then phase-in.

I guess since you're technically still subject to gravity (eg, you don't float away as soon as you phase out or you aren't suddenly able to fly) that you might not be able to move in space (but fine on an airless planetoid or planet) unless you had the Movement in Zero Gravity skill.

There's also a good chance that a Phase Mystic might know a Techno-Wizard and the armor could have any number of other
features.

>

Considering that Prometheans don't need to breathe normally It's probably not a major concern for them. And even the phase Mystics get environmental armor to start lol so there wouldn't really be a point to it and it would be rather bulky to add an environmental system to the Robes. Even with Miracle Level tech it would still be too bulky for just a pair of robes that are made of MDC material.
Aramanthus
Monk

And with that outfit you could always slip a contrav grav pack. I mean along with your op field would make a person an interesting character. Maybe a rogue of some sort.

HH....FIE
Marcethus
Champion

While in most cases wearing armor over armor shouldn't be allowed there are a few examples of armors taht work as wearing under or over other armors. The Steelcloth Robe is one of those examples that could easily fit over a normal suit of armor.
Marcethus
Champion

Sarael wrote:I agree, and even if my GM doesn't, it's a whopping 40 MDC. I can probably live without it.

In space, why would you EVER be outside of an environmental suit? Sure, you might not be wearing the helmet (though it's going to be very nearby), but the mere threat of a hull breach is enough to warrant the wearing of the armor at nearly all times, sleeping, bathing, nature calls, and calls of the wild excluded, of course ;)

Even assuming one is a class which doesn't like environmental armor, such as a mage (and I do love magic & psionics), I'll be having Invulnerability (protects from more than just energy) prepared, and a decent duration Sustain, to prevent such events from being instant death.

of course that also depends on how your GM runs the Hull Breach containment systems.
Malakai
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Malakai »

I don't think it's been mentioned, but I found one in DB3: Phaseworld Sourcebook

Page 54-55, at the very end of the description for the NE-95 "Double Threat" Assault Rifle wrote: . . . . love this devastating weapon and its particle beam equivalent, the NE-195 (see below)

However, the in the NE-195 Description
Page 55, under NE-195 Assault Rifle wrote:This weapon is almost identical to the NE-95, but it replaces the plasma cartridge action with a conventional plasma ejector system.

Suggestion of either changing one of the descriptions to match the other OR Have both the Particle Beam and plasma ejector models (NE-295 and NE-195, respectively), With the particle beam version having the same stats as NE-50, with the added Grenade Launcher (which adds apparently 2,000 credits to the price - based off of the difference between the NE-10 and the NE-95)
"Rifts Earth is alot more scary when you realize that its effectively people with the education level of retarded children running around with military grade ordinance." - Taylor White

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood.

H. L. Mencken
US editor (1880 - 1956)
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

Marcethus wrote:
Sarael wrote:I agree, and even if my GM doesn't, it's a whopping 40 MDC. I can probably live without it.

In space, why would you EVER be outside of an environmental suit? Sure, you might not be wearing the helmet (though it's going to be very nearby), but the mere threat of a hull breach is enough to warrant the wearing of the armor at nearly all times, sleeping, bathing, nature calls, and calls of the wild excluded, of course ;)

Even assuming one is a class which doesn't like environmental armor, such as a mage (and I do love magic & psionics), I'll be having Invulnerability (protects from more than just energy) prepared, and a decent duration Sustain, to prevent such events from being instant death.

of course that also depends on how your GM runs the Hull Breach containment systems.

Dunno, since space travel is pretty common and hull breaches during normal operation have got to be a once in a decade (or even once in a life time) sort of thing for most spacers I'd think wearing armor or a space suit while in a spaceship would be pretty rare. Now heading in to a dangerous situation or combat I'd imagine everyone would be in their suits/armor at all times and just need to slap down their visor if a breach occured.

A hull breach isn't instant death. Real world if you suddenly found yourself in a complete vaccum you'd have around 10-15 seconds to close a visor or what not before passing out from anoxia and another at least 15-60 seconds before death would occur. Since you can't hold your breath to keep oxygen in your lungs in any quantities you'd quickly lose conciousness from total lack of oxygen in the brain (anoxia) and death would result soon after (no explosive decompression, the skin provides to much containment. Your body temperature would need to be something like 115-125F for your blood to boil in a vaccum because of various dynamic and static pressures on your circulatory system and organs).

Also the hull breach would have to be pretty big to cause explosive decompression of the ship (IE all the atmosphere suddenly evacuates). I might be wrong because I am trying to remember what I found when I did the math, but a 1 million cubic foot (100x100x100) volume of atmosphere at 14.7psi would take something like 10 minutes to evacuate that volume completely for a 6 inch hole. You'd still have something like high altitude levels of atmospheric pressure after a couple of minutes. So unless it is a big gaping hole, or a very small compartment that is sealed off you'd probably have anywhere from 20-60 seconds before the pressure would drop low enough that you might pass out from anoxia due to a hull breach.
-Matt
Esckey
Adventurer

Unread post by Esckey »

While comparing ship stats from DB3 and DB13 I noticed that the Long Range Missle Payload on the Warshield and Protector are missing. They both state
62 Misslies per Launcher. Loading from the Cargo hold takes 1D6 Minutes

but neither list a total missle amount in the cargo holds. As comparison the Cruise Missiles both have plenty extra, Warshield has 640 and Protector has 2560.

Theres a similar problem on the Doombringer under its Cruise misslies

suprised I didn't notice this earlier considering its a 2004 edition
God says he loves me, but I suspect he's just in it for the sex

Never underestimate someone as insane as I am

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it

"Come Filthy Assistants!!"- Spider Jerusalem
GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

Ok here's one that I noticed no one ever mentioned. Page 82, Rift Dim Book 3. The Katana's Anti-Air Craft Pod carries a Gravity Rail Gun, Range 1 Mile. I guess the range can be explained away as its small and fit in to a pod.

Medium Range Missiles 16. It says Effective Range for Both Weapons is 1 Mile.

You may as well go with just the Mini-Missile Pod then! :lol:
Aramanthus
Monk

Obviously someone dropped the ball. :D

HH....FIE
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

To make it official, the typical runner In DB2 Phaseworld, costs how much? I think there's a typo with it missing a zero.

The typical runner is almost the same as the 250 Million cost, 500 Million credit black market proctor. Thus leading me to believe its supposed to be 300 Million, not 30.
Last edited by G on Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malakai
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Malakai »

Just noticed one for PWSB, under the Warshield Cruiser Weapons Systems -
Page 94 of Phase World Source Book wrote:7. Particle Beam Cannons (8): These turrets have light particle beam cannons used to engage enemy vessels and knock down enemy fighters and missiles
Primary Purpose: Anti-Aircraft and Defense
Secondary Purpose: Anti-Ship
Mega-Damage: Varies with missile type
Rate of Fire: Equal to the total number of hand to hand attacks of the gunner
Effective Range: Six miles (9.6 km) in space, two miles (3.2km) in atmosphere
Payload: 10,000 rounds (500 bursts) per auto-cannon

Neither the Damage nor the Payload make sense with the given description, nor with each other.
"Rifts Earth is alot more scary when you realize that its effectively people with the education level of retarded children running around with military grade ordinance." - Taylor White

Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood.

H. L. Mencken
US editor (1880 - 1956)
Scorpion Leader
Explorer
Comment: "Marines We are Leaving...maybe we should Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Unread post by Scorpion Leader »

Phase World-under the Seljuk R.C.C. it mentions the Thunder (or is it Terror) Lizard and that it can fond in the Monsters & Animals section of that book, but when you turn to that section No such entry can be found. Note:this also seems to be a different creature than the Thunder Lizard Dragon.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Noticed in the recent Fleets of the Three Galaxies that while the Altess Yannar-Class Destroyer is stated out with number of carried fighters, the Altess Battlecruiser, despite having an Aerospace Group command staff, does not.
How many, and what types of, fighters are the things supposed to carry?
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Scorpion Leader
Explorer
Comment: "Marines We are Leaving...maybe we should Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

The Stats for the CAF Sheild Bearer Missile Tanks are missing. Also a correction to my previous post, I double checked the Correct name is Terror Lizard (from the Seljuk homeworld) not Thunder Lizard that is missing Stats also.
Scorpion Leader
Explorer

Data on Phase Jump Gates??? Promeathean Phase Frigates???
Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Pox »

I know I'm probably missing it somewhere (as in it is one of those paragraphs that states that everyone knows it), but none of the CCW OCC's have the skill of Math: Basic, including the CAF Officer, TVIA Inspector and CAF Scientist (who by the way has Math: Advanced as an OCC skill with a +20% (pg. 60)).

Just wondering...
we forgive you pox - Lord Cherico
You mah main Damie, Pox - el magico -- darklorddc
cchopps
Adventurer

Re:

Unread post by cchopps »

Tinker Dragoon wrote:
gadrin wrote:Phase World Sourcebook p39 under the Warlock Marine Magic Specialist, they left off the PPE.

This was already corrected in the latest printing.

Is this listed anywhere for those of us with a first edition printing?

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”