Base/facility layouts

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Base/facility layouts

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

Does any one know a good spot to find layouts for bases, under ground research facilities etc? I have had zero luck finding anything online.
I'm not looking for super detailed work here. Just basic outline with rooms that I can designate a usage for as I go without having to draw out an entire facility by hand. I thought this would be a super simple search, but it has lead to nothing but dead ends.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Base/facility layouts

Unread post by Warshield73 »

He mainly does spacecraft but I recommend http://0-hr.com/, you can find them on Drivethru here and he did several setting including Overlund which has an underground section. He has some other setting stuff that you could print off and use individual rooms.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The only PB gamebooks that have base layouts that I can recommend are a bit esoteric because they are in very old books.

The expanded version of RT1's Return of the Masters has both moon base plans and a dug in base with a mecha hanger. These are found in the second half of the book.
And the other is also a RT1 gamebook, book 8 Strike Force also has a few versions of outpost bases.

The only ""Rifts"" game books I would look in for base design are the CS vs. Tolkeen wars books. Even then I don't remember any bases in any in them.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

to flesh out drewkitty ~..~'s list:
1E Robotech Book 2 has deck plans for two classes of aircraft carriers
1E Robotech Book 3 has deck plans for 4 out of 5 Zentreadi star "cruisers"
1E Robotech book 5 has plans for an Invid Hive
1E Robotech Book 6r has plans for a few bases (Moon Base, Masters base, Resistance base, Factory Satellite)
1E Robotech Book 7 has plans for the Land Tank
1E Robotech Book 8 has plans for the several bases (RDF and Zentreadi rogues)
1E Robotech Ghost Ship supplement had deck plans for the missing Zentreadi star "cruiser"
1E Robotech Zentreadi Breakout supplement has plans for various facilities
1E Robotech RDF Accelerated Training supplement reprints the aircraft carrier maps
1E Robotech II main book has deck plans for the Ikzuchi and SDF-3 ships, and I want to say partial plans for the GMU
1E Robotech II REF field guide has deck plans for one level of a Factory Satellite from BK6r and 2 of the REF underground bases
Macross 2 line had a 3 book series on deckplans from the main ships in this line, though I found them more generic than the 1E RT ones.
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Thanks for locations. I have a few of those books, so I'll check them out.
I'm in no way looking specifically for bases in Palladium books though. Any designs on the web would be great as well.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Perform searches for various fictional facilities (i.e.: maps).
You can probably find lay-outs for SG Command, the Space 1999 lunar base, Thunderbirds island base, Dr. No's base, etc.

Mind, this is going to be for your own personal use, to not violate the no conversions rule...
Alternatively, you can find publicly accessible plans for assorted REAL WORLD facilities you could use and not violate the conversions rule.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Borast wrote:Perform searches for various fictional facilities (i.e.: maps).
You can probably find lay-outs for SG Command, the Space 1999 lunar base, Thunderbirds island base, Dr. No's base, etc.

Mind, this is going to be for your own personal use, to not violate the no conversions rule...
Alternatively, you can find publicly accessible plans for assorted REAL WORLD facilities you could use and not violate the conversions rule.

That got me a couple. I'm not looking for anything to publish, just for my home game to throw the group through. I tried real world facilities a few months ago without much luck, but I'll try again, maybe looking for specific locations.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Whiskeyjack wrote:
Borast wrote:Perform searches for various fictional facilities (i.e.: maps).

That got me a couple. I'm not looking for anything to publish, just for my home game to throw the group through. I tried real world facilities a few months ago without much luck, but I'll try again, maybe looking for specific locations.

Try things like the Paris Catacombs, various metro systems, etc...
Or, try things like underground cities/towns. (There is one in the outback in Australia for sure!)
Heck...even underground homes.
Try (decommissioned) missile silos too!
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”