Stealing the power of a Cosmo-Knight

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nuristas
Explorer

Stealing the power of a Cosmo-Knight

Unread post by Nuristas »

Good afternoon,

We know from the stories that preventing somebody to access the power of the cosmic forge through magic.
There are I think in "Hammer of the Forge" 2 examples of it happening.

Would it be possible to steal said power and claim it as your own?
Would the Cosmic Forge be able to reclaim stolen power?

For example the spell "Soul Leech" or something similar might be an option to do so?
The spell "Heart of Darkness" allows you to steal granted invocations (spells) from priests and keep them after they died. There is no mention of the gods beings able to reclaim this.

How do you see this, what would happen?
Would you become target number one for the other Cosmic Knights?
Would you loose the stolen power as you break the Cosmo-Knight code or are your ill-gotten gains yours to use and abuse as you see fit?

I'm curious how you guys look at this.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Stealing the power of a Cosmo-Knight

Unread post by The Beast »

Nuristas wrote:Would it be possible to steal said power and claim it as your own?

Because this would be a game-changing event I'd likely not let a PC create a way to do this. This is more of a super villain-type thing to do, so I'd restrict it to a single powerful NPC that the players would have to defeat. Now if the players decided to steal this guy's research on how to do it I'd likely allow them, but it'd take a while to figure out the exact method used. If I was running a bad guy campaign the PCs would have to role-play a lot of research on how to do something like this, and it'd likely be an endgame-goal to do.

Would the Cosmic Forge be able to reclaim stolen power?

Again I think this would be a goal for the players to complete in a campaign, so no, I wouldn't let the Forge reclaim it directly, but through the Cosmos Knights.

Would you become target number one for the other Cosmic Knights?

Absolutely. Hope you're friends with a shifter.

Would you loose the stolen power as you break the Cosmo-Knight code or are your ill-gotten gains yours to use and abuse as you see fit?

Seeing how the powers you possess are stolen I don't see how the Forge can hold you to the Code. Hence another reason why the CKs would consider you Public Enemy Number 1.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”