Where In The Megaverse Is Victor Lazlo?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SolCannibal
Champion

Where In The Megaverse Is Victor Lazlo?

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Just something to exercise the imagination and have fun with - to what other kinds of places could Carmen Sandie...., i mean, Dr. Victor Lazlo, have been rifted to instead of the canon answer we got with Gathering of Heroes?

Feel free to throw in whatever weird ideas or images come to mind of imagining the good doctor in a variety of different settings or eras and how might he adapt or not.
taalismn
Priest

Re: Where In The Megaverse Is Victor Lazlo?

Unread post by taalismn »

SolCannibal wrote:Just something to exercise the imagination and have fun with - to what other kinds of places could Carmen Sandie...., i mean, Dr. Victor Lazlo, have been rifted to instead of the canon answer we got with Gathering of Heroes?

Feel free to throw in whatever weird ideas or images come to mind of imagining the good doctor in a variety of different settings or eras and how might he adapt or not.

-Atop a grassy knoll near a certain book repository.

-Stumbling around trying to find his way out of an office he'd rifted into...In the Watergate office complex.

-Accidentally knocking over a young Serbian who was coming out of a deli in Sarajavo. In his apologetic efforts to help the poor man get a new sandwich, they miss the commotion surrounding a certain touring car lost in the maze of streets nearby.

-Freezing atop a high mountain top where'd he'd materialized, and hoping the two people climbing up towards him can help him get down OFF this cold place!

-Arguing with a couple of FBI agents in a roadside diner about strange happenings going on nearby(almost like home!).
Last edited by taalismn on Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SolCannibal
Champion

taalismn wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:Just something to exercise the imagination and have fun with - to what other kinds of places could Carmen Sandie...., i mean, Dr. Victor Lazlo, have been rifted to instead of the canon answer we got with Gathering of Heroes?

-Atop a grassy knoll near a certain book repository.

-Stumbling around trying to find his way out of an office he'd rifted into...In the Watergate office complex.

-Accidentally knocking over a young Serbian who was coming out of a deli in Sarajevo. In his apologetic efforts to help the poor man get a new sandwich, they miss the commotion surrounding a certain touring car lost in the maze of streets nearby.

-Freezing atop a high mountain top where'd he'd materialized, and hoping the two people climbing up towards him can help him get down OFF this cold place!

-Arguing with a couple of FBI agents in a roadside diner about strange happenings going on nearby(almost like home!).

Damn, shame i'm a little too dense to catch on most of the references here. :lol:

Watergate (duh), something with the Bosnian War, two guys who froze in the Everest i think, that's about it - ah, and X-Files, double duh. :lol:
taalismn
Priest

SolCannibal wrote:[
Damn, shame i'm a little too dense to catch on most of the references here. :lol:

Watergate (duh), something with the Bosnian War, two guys who froze in the Everest I think, that's about it - ah, and X-Files, double duh. :lol:

Missed guessing the first, Watergate, yes...think further back than the Bosnian War, those two guys likely never made the summit, and yes, the X-Files. :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SolCannibal
Champion

taalismn wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:[

Watergate (duh), something with the Bosnian War, two guys who froze in the Everest I think, that's about it - ah, and X-Files, double duh. :lol:

Missed guessing the first, Watergate, yes...think further back than the Bosnian War, those two guys likely never made the summit, and yes, the X-Files. :P

No ideas about the grassy knoll or the one about Sarajevo then, what's a damn shame.
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

JFK assassination and preventing the assassination of Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand (and thus delaying or preventing WW1)
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
SolCannibal
Champion

Captain_Nibbz wrote:JFK assassination and preventing the assassination of Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand (and thus delaying or preventing WW1)

The 1st i would never have clicked.
The Sarajevo one, oh yeah, now it all clicks.
The deli reference kind of sidetracked me, tend to misinterpret it due to not being a native english speaker.

In an aside going back to the agents, would Scully be a nega-psychic or just someone deeply in denial of the weirdness of her work and life?
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

SolCannibal wrote:In an aside going back to the agents, would Scully be a nega-psychic or just someone deeply in denial of the weirdness of her work and life?

My vote would be someone deeply in denial about it, because she's still there when all the weird stuff goes down, so its not like she's actively dampening the events.
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
taalismn
Priest

Captain_Nibbz wrote:JFK assassination and preventing the assassination of Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand (and thus delaying or preventing WW1)

Excellent! You earned your TimeShip, Captain!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”