New Books

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

That is one of the Grand Mysteries of Palladium Books...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Citizen Lazlo wrote:I have a press release proclaiming,

MECHANOIDS SPACE 1994

:lol:

There you go.

Since they obviously didn't mean the last 1994, the must mean the next one, after the calander flips over and we reach 1994 a second time.
Last edited by Killer Cyborg on Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Spark
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Spark »

The online book store has it, and says "A new role-playing game -- Coming in 2004." I'd buy the book but I'm not one to order a pre-release when the original release date was two years ago.

Also anyone know if/when Palladium might do a re-release of the original Mechanoids Trilogy?
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Spark wrote:The online book store has it, and says "A new role-playing game -- Coming in 2004." I'd buy the book but I'm not one to order a pre-release when the original release date was two years ago.

Also anyone know if/when Palladium might do a re-release of the original Mechanoids Trilogy?

They did a couple of years ago but its also now out of print.

The Collected Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
Spark wrote:The online book store has it, and says "A new role-playing game -- Coming in 2004." I'd buy the book but I'm not one to order a pre-release when the original release date was two years ago.

They did a couple of years ago but its also now out of print.

The Collected Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy

Worth getting, if you can find a copy. :ok:
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Kryzbyn
Hero
Comment: How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.
Ronald Reagan

Unread post by Kryzbyn »

I have one. never used it, but nice for the background info on the different humans and aliens opposed to the mechanoids.

BAD MOMMA DOG-FACE BANANA PATCH
"Well said, Kryzbyn! :ok: " -Killer Cyborg
"...I have to agree with the questions and comments made by Kryzbyn." - The man himself, Kevin Siembieda
+100 "acting like a real man" points - DLDC
"Damnit, we agree on something. It's time to rethink my position." - Misfit KotLD
HIPPIES ARE WHAT D-BEES EAT
oni no won
Explorer

Unread post by oni no won »

Palladium rereleased the original trilogy as an XMAS grab bag for those who ordered one in 1998 I believe. I'm not sure if it was sold in their website. I did see one at my FLGS though.

Is it worth getting? Depends. If you are a collector then yes. If you are set on playing in the world, you may want to update the rules. There are notes on how to convert it to several Palladium settings such as Robotech, HU, or RIFTS. If you want to play by the old rules, be prepared for very rigid class structures and even more ruling on the fly.

It is interesting to see the evolution of the Megaversal system. I was surprised to see magic and psionics side by side in this setting.

Return to “The Mechanoids®”