Rule Clarifications for Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SkyeFyre
Hero

Rule Clarifications for Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

Hey I just got my copy of MIT and me and my group were gonna run a game but I've just got a few questions about some of the rules.

- I'm assuming in book one that unless it states how many actions per melee one starts with, it's one. Correct?
- In Book 3 (page 128) it refers to a part by saying "See incorporating books 1 and 2". Where is this? I haven't been able to find it.
- In Book 3 under the weapons section, under some of the weapons it simply states RF (rate of fire) and a number. What does this mean? The number of rounds it can fire in a melee round? If that's the case would that mean that the 9mm automatic weapon with an RF of 50 could fire out the entire clip in one melee? If this is the case then how is damage calculated? One round x RF? If that's the case I don't want to get near that automatic pistol.

Other than that I think I'm good to go. So if you could help me out here that would be greatly appriciated.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Re: Rule Clarifications for Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

SkyeFyre wrote:Hey I just got my copy of MIT and me and my group were gonna run a game but I've just got a few questions about some of the rules.

- I'm assuming in book one that unless it states how many actions per melee one starts with, it's one. Correct?

I'm not a big Mechanoids person, so I don't know much off the top of my head about the combat system. However, one attack unless/until otherwise stated would be the correct assumption for PF1E, which among the megaversal books is closest chronologically and in combat style to Mechanoids I believe.

- In Book 3 (page 128) it refers to a part by saying "See incorporating books 1 and 2". Where is this? I haven't been able to find it.

"See Incorporating Books 1 and 2" is not, I think, meant to reference a section called "Incorporating Books 1 and 2." It means refer to the sections in book 1 or 2 that are incorporated in the trilogy book. For example, that reference talks about including Rovers characters. Rovers are found on page 51, in the first book.

- In Book 3 under the weapons section, under some of the weapons it simply states RF (rate of fire) and a number. What does this mean? The number of rounds it can fire in a melee round? If that's the case would that mean that the 9mm automatic weapon with an RF of 50 could fire out the entire clip in one melee? If this is the case then how is damage calculated? One round x RF? If that's the case I don't want to get near that automatic pistol.

Rate of Fire is the per melee rate, yes. Bear in mind that a melee round at the time Mechanoids was written was a minute, not 15 seconds, and emptying an entire magazine might take more than one attack. That said, 50 shots in 15 seconds is well within the capacity of many pistols, but you'll probably run out of ammo first. How many bullets does an average pistol hold? Not 50, I'll tell you that . Damage for bursts is included in many of the main books of other modern systems... I guess Mechanoids was too early. Generally, it would be a certain percentage of rounds would be assumed to have hit out of a given burst. If you have any of the RIFTS main books, HU main book, BTS, TMNT, or pretty much any other, that should have the info.

Other than that I think I'm good to go. So if you could help me out here that would be greatly appriciated.

Again, I'm not a Mechanoids expert, but hopefully these helped.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin

Return to “The Mechanoids®”