Effects of the Magic Revolution

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Swift-13 »

Of course, one thing I wonder is, why the Mechanoids haven't come up with the *technology* to create Rifts. They can traverse light-years in less than a blink and take apart planets just to create power crystals, so why not a Rift Drive (or whatever it is). It certainly might involve a more evil use of Phy-Warpers, I imagine...

All things considered, the Mechanoids are hesitant to use magic because they are traditionally unfamiliar with it. The Trilogy presents a haphazard method to use "magic", but it means getting involved with powers unknown and doesn't always work. For masters of technology and genetics, it'd be like playing with a nuclear bomb and a hammer.

However, in other dimensions, magic seems to flow more freely, even if at low-levels in some places. With enough time, and a tutor (dragon, perhaps?), an Oracle or even a Runner could learn how to tap into that power. It would be a necessity for when their quest to kill humanoids ever run into such fun folk as Vampires and Werebozos.
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Swift-13 »

Well, I certainly wasn't disputing the Mechanoids' learning magic, not after tossing the idea around like we have this whole month! :lol:

You bring up a good idea with those Bottled Demon rockets from Phase World. Enslaving a humanoid for the purpose of a weapon? Yep, that's them. Gawds forbid these Magi-Mechanoids ever learn Bio-Wizardry...

An idea just came to mind about the Mechanoids *inventing* their own form of magic. Why not? There's a hundred or so types of 'em out there anyway? ^_^

Return to “The Mechanoids®”