Mechanoids Rifter Submission

This is where you can all discuss our favorite nemesis ... The Mechanoids®, Enjoy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Mechanoids Rifter Submission

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Okay, I've been thinking about doing this for a while. Tell me what you think, or if you have any input.

Basically the submission would focus on the O.C.C.'s brought up to current Palladium cannon. Also equipment, and a few vehicles. I figure thats all that is currently needed to play a Mechanoids game. You have the Mechanoids in Rifts SB2, and the setting is described in the Original books. Ok, its not Mechanoids Space, but maybe it will fill the niche for the time being, or maybe even encourage Kevin S. to start writing it. Thats my hope :D

Any comments?

Carl
ImageImage
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Cannon?

*BOOM*

Actually, sounds Like a Good Idea, that could possibly Take up several rifter Articles. Mechinoids "Revisited" or sumthing, Good Luck!
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I too would like to see something like this to top off the wanting of Mechanoid Space.

We could see things like the Mechanoids prototypes for more improved Wasps, Thin Men. Runts, ect.; newer, more efficient Motherships (the ones in Mechanoid Trilogy seemed like interstellar cities than actual assault craft to me); perhaps an 'infiltrator' humanoid shaped-Mechanoid, designed as a kid of scout unit to sabotage humanoid societies, making it easier for the Mechanoids to conquer.....
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Swift-13 »

Sounds like a great idea to me. After all, the Xiticix were presented in Rifter #3 (I think) and later the same information would be applied to their very own sourcebook. Frankly, most of the Palladium canon would be rather stagnant if it weren't for the Rifter and the Mechanoids haven't been seen since SB2, which rather suprises me.
Zenvis
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Unread post by Zenvis »

We've been promised Mechanoids for some time. I acctually thougth that it was going to be released this year (silly me). I have greatly anticipated its arrival sience there was a snippit in the first copy of Rifts Conversions.
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
Imagination is more important than knowledge." but knowledge does help. - Albert Einstein
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein
My Blog and My Other Blog
Carl Gleba

Well the submission is in. If it passes muster we'll see it in a few Rifters down the road. Hopefully it will tide you guys over for a while.

Carl
\
ImageImage
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Carl Gleba wrote:If it passes muster...

If? No if about it, man. If you wrote it, it's got to be good. :)
Insert 400 character limit here.
Carl Gleba

Todd Yoho wrote:
Carl Gleba wrote:If it passes muster...

If? No if about it, man. If you wrote it, it's got to be good. :)

Thanks for inflating the ego :D Now if I can get swelled head through doors I'll be all set! :lol:

Its been something I've wanted to do for a long time. Plus I'm hoping it will inspire Kevin. Heck, maybe he'll even use some of it!

Thanks Todd :ok:

Carl
ImageImage
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

Carl Gleba wrote:Well the submission is in. If it passes muster we'll see it in a few Rifters down the road. Hopefully it will tide you guys over for a while.

Carl
\

I don't typically buy Rifters, but if you told me which one it is/gonna be in, I might pick it up.
:fool:
Rayven
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rayven »

I've never played either of the Mechanoids games, and haven't used them in "Rifts" but I'd be willing to see it in a Rifter when it comes out.
My Sig Box wrote:Welcome to my pants.~JM_Zen
Prepare to die, rebel scum.~Prettz
That's awesome, you get the Geronimo Award for Customer Service.~Geronimo
My eyelids aren't fat! They're big boned!~Zerebus
listen to Rayven.~Becky
Eating tacos with a friend doesnt make you gay.~Cherico

897 Geek points
Carl Gleba

I'll let you guys know when it does. I'll be using what I wrote for the game I'm running at Gen-Con, so if your attending it might be a good place to try it out.

Carl
ImageImage
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I'd prefer to wait for official material.
If you do write a Rifter article, I'd prefer that there be NO power upgrades in the mechanoids in general. Just use the stats from Rifts SB2 and update the rest of the mechanoids from the original trilogy to match.
The mechanoids in SB2 are powerful enough already.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Carl Gleba

Actually the article does not touch the Mechanoids at all. I just updated the O.C.C.'s from the original trilogy. Plus did up a few weapons, and vehicles. As for the Mechaniods, yes you need SB2 for their stats.

Carl
ImageImage
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

so when is this comeing out
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

What's the status on this possible savior for the Mechanoids setting? Is it done and I completely missed it or has it been overshadowed for another project?
Remember who you wanted to be.
Carl Gleba

Its done and sent in. But like all other Rifter submissions I have to wait till Wayne fines an appropriate spot for it, if he wants to use it at all.

No official word on it yet.

Carl
Last edited by Carl Gleba on Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Well, good luck to you, Carl.
And to the Mechanoids, of course. :D
Remember who you wanted to be.
Shades of Eternity
Immortal
Location: formerly edmonton, now residing in my own Delusions.

Unread post by Shades of Eternity »

dude, I hope it gets published, but don't be surprised if ks says nyet he wants to do it his way.
The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of liberty.
- Abraham Lincoln

Carl Gleba

Shades of Eternity wrote:dude, I hope it gets published, but don't be surprised if ks says nyet he wants to do it his way.

Its already in Kevin's hands. So we'll just have to wait and see.

Carl
ImageImage
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

My fellow New Yorker, you are a freakin' dynamo.

Not only are you working on the Minion Wars but you also shoot this out?

I thought I was quick-trigger with the Rifter Submissions...sheesh.

:ok:

~ Josh
Carl Gleba

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:My fellow New Yorker, you are a freakin' dynamo.

I thought I was quick-trigger with the Rifter Submissions...sheesh.

:ok:

~ Josh

Oh I had this little piece done up before GENCON. I needed a little change of pace between Hades and Dyval. I gave it to Kevin. I was hoping it might encourage him to just do Mechanoids Space. We'll just have to wait and see :)

Carl
ImageImage
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

You'd think the more established writers could just call and get a response - not wait for months like everyone else. There is no justice I see. :)
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Carl Gleba wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:little snip ...
...snip again
~ Josh

Oh I had this little piece done up before GENCON. I needed a little change of pace between Hades and Dyval. I gave it to Kevin. I was hoping it might encourage him to just do Mechanoids Space. We'll just have to wait and see :)
Carl

So with your insider knowledge about MinionWars and your article on Mechanoid Trilogy. You are now working on a New Rifter article Mechanoid crossover for Minion Wars? Maybe? Please!!!

Just so you can out do some guy from New York named Josh. :D
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:I thought I was quick-trigger with the Rifter Submissions...sheesh.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
tundro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tundro »

Leave it to me to resurrect an old thread, but did this article ever materialize? And if so, what issue was it in?
Carl Gleba

No it never did. I'm just going to use the material I have when I help Kevin with writing Mechanoids Space. You can get the lowdown right from Kevin at the Gateway to the Megaverse episodes 1 and 2. The skinny is I'm going to help Kevin with it after I finish the Minion War. Which means I hope to start it in 2008 for a 2009 release. Maybe sooner, you never know. :-D

Carl
ImageImage
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

yeah I got to see a sample of carl's writing for this and all I have to say is "WOW"! I wish I was in the group that Carl GM'ed this for at the 08 Open House.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
tundro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tundro »

I'm really wishing right now that patience was one of my greater virtues! It would have been great to see that in Rifter form, but I suppose I'll just have to wait. With all the great things I've heard about your mechanoid material, I'm dying to see it!
Carl Gleba

tundro wrote:I'm really wishing right now that patience was one of my greater virtues! It would have been great to see that in Rifter form, but I suppose I'll just have to wait. With all the great things I've heard about your mechanoid material, I'm dying to see it!

You might be able get some more details from Killer Cyborg who post on these boards. He was one of my players in that game. I think he play tested the Colonial Commando.

Carl
ImageImage
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Wow, this is a blast from the past. :lol:

I assume you intend to keep it MDC instead of going back to SDC.

The big question is "Will it actually be compatable with Rifts directly or will it need conversion?"
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Carl Gleba

Nxla666 wrote:Wow, this is a blast from the past. :lol:

The big question is "Will it actually be compatable with Rifts directly or will it need conversion?"

Well before I start I'll probably send Kevin a bunch of questions or just call him up and we can talk about all the details.

I'm thinking M.D.C. myself and I hope it is compatible with Rifts.

Carl
ImageImage
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Carl Gleba wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:Wow, this is a blast from the past. :lol:

Well before I start I'll probably send Kevin a bunch of questions or just call him up and we can talk about all the details.

I'm thinking M.D.C. myself and I hope it is compatible with Rifts.

Carl

MDC is good, and it worked well for your Open House campaign.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I'm sure it'll be an AWESOME article Carl! I'm looking forward to seeing it reach publishing! And since it's you Carl whose writing it; it'll sell out!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Carl Gleba

Aramanthus wrote:I'm sure it'll be an AWESOME article Carl! I'm looking forward to seeing it reach publishing! And since it's you Carl whose writing it; it'll sell out!

Thanks Aramanthus :ok: I'm just going to forgo bothering Wayne and keep the material for Mechanoids Space. I've got lots of ideas bubbling up in my head and I still have to finish the Minion War series :frust: At least its only one book left then its onto Mechanoids! As for selling out we'll just have to see how well the Minion War does overall. Who knows the mob may lynch me instead and burn the books as my funeral pyre :lol:

Carl
ImageImage
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Take your time Carl, I owe Marrowlight a copy of Mechanoid Space...

~Josh
bradshaw
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Gin and Tonic

Re: Mechanoids Rifter Submission

Unread post by bradshaw »

no one has said anything about the mechaniods on this page since 1 am oct. 2007? Shame on you! 8-)
Dames, Droids, Drinking and Damnnation
Aramanthus
Monk

I try to be everywhere I can. But even I have trouble with RL over the last seven months. But still I have posted here often enough. :D
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
bradshaw
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Gin and Tonic

Unread post by bradshaw »

Glad to see a somes back 8-)
Dames, Droids, Drinking and Damnnation
Aramanthus
Monk

There are a few of us who post here on a regular basis. Please join us here all of the time!

HH....FIE

Return to “The Mechanoids®”