Board index » SDC Worlds » The Mechanoids®

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
 Post subject: Hijack a Mechanoid
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:54 am

Dungeon Crawler

Now here's a thought:

If someone with enough mechanical knowhow managed to get their wrenches on a relatively undamaged and large enough Mechanoid body, would it be feasible to make a vehical out of it?

It opens up the possibilities for espionage against the Mechanoids and takes advantage of the fact the bad guys get all the neat toys...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:27 am

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: Lord of Chaos!
They would need some major psionics because the mechanoids incorporate them like telekinesis. So when your mech can't activate a lift, your cover is blown. Still, not a bad idea at all. I can see it to make good an escape. Now the trick is getting one undamaged.

Carl

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:54 am

Adventurer

Quote:
Still, not a bad idea at all. I can see it to make good an escape. Now the trick is getting one undamaged.

Well a semi cheap way would be to have a cross over somewhere in the phase world universe. Grab some phase beamers and get ready to harvest those mechanoid shells.

Just a cheap thought.
Aegis

"I think you've got the solution Aegis."- Sentinel

"Enjoy the boards instead of trying to make them into your own image!!! "- Maryann

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:11 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: Lord of Chaos!
Aegis wrote:
Quote:
Still, not a bad idea at all. I can see it to make good an escape. Now the trick is getting one undamaged.

Well a semi cheap way would be to have a cross over somewhere in the phase world universe. Grab some phase beamers and get ready to harvest those mechanoid shells.

Just a cheap thought.
Aegis

I have to say, that is a brilliant idea :eek: :D

Carl

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:17 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Quote:

Heh. I've had that thought myself, but it came up during a conversation about what would happen if the Mechanoids invaded the Three Galaxies.

I imagine that in no time, Naruni would be selling special plasma-based[they have a thing for plasma, you know?] cutting equipment designed specifically to crack open Mechanoids shells. Mechanoids on the halfshell could even become a delicacy to a few Three Galaxy races...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:09 pm

Adventurer

If the mechanoids did enter the phase world universe that would be wild. The prometheans would be going crazy trying to up production to the phase weapons. That would be the fastest way of killing mechanoids. Imagine the carnage that would ensue it is something I must ponder over now, although I would like to wait for the mechanoid space book to come out before I did anything like that. Some nice ideas on this thread for sure.

Aegis
ps I am so happy someone liked one of my ideas :D usually I am ignored lol

"Enjoy the boards instead of trying to make them into your own image!!! "- Maryann

Post subject: Numbers
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:29 am

Dungeon Crawler

This has altered from "Can we hijack a mechanoid" to "war in the 3 galaxies", which is alright.

It's possible to hijack a mechanoid body. It may even be feasible that players somehow make a psychic borg of their own if they have enough science-types from sufficiently advanced cultures.

That's not a problem, the problem is if the Mechanoids buy it. The robots might, yet a psychic civilization would likely tell "true" from "false", and may even know an aberrant and true mechanoid from sight regardless of shell.

As for the 3 galaxies invasion. It depends on the numbers involved. The Mechanoids had fleets of planet-sized Motherships. The sheer numbers involved make taking a single Mothership down a major undertaking. I think that if every major power in the 3 galaxies combined together, one to four motherships could be defeated, five to ten motherships could make a standoff, and more than ten would be enough momentum to give the Mechanoids an eventual "victory" unless unseen events occur.

This is assuming that the Mechanoids won't play around with Phase World, taking it as a real threat (No "hunting party" like they have done to Gideon E).

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:32 am

Dungeon Crawler

Well, there already are psychic 'Borgs in RIFTS Mindwerks. And the Mechanoids might very well be a real threat to the Three Galaxies thanks to the fact the Splugorth's Kittani are one of their ancient enemies. A few rampaging Mechanoids wouldn't be so much a problem in that dimension (since it has over 31 flavors of problem to choose from already), as they would if the Mechanoid Doomsday device suddenly appeared. :?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:51 pm

Adventurer

I am sorry I guess I kinda started to hijack the thread there. I just wanted to pipe in and apologise.

It would pose some serious problems when inside a hijacked mechanoid body, but if one is a psionic i would guess that it could be accomplished if only for a small amount of time.

Aegis

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:26 am

Dungeon Crawler

Hey, don't worry about it! Not like anyone owns the topic or anything. Besides, while the espionage part is difficult, some of the newer model Mechanoids found in the RIFTS book would just look so cool as a vehicle.

Especially the Type II Brute chassis! :-D

Post subject: Re: Numbers
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:31 pm

Priest

Kestrel wrote:
As for the 3 galaxies invasion. It depends on the numbers involved. The Mechanoids had fleets of planet-sized Motherships. The sheer numbers involved make taking a single Mothership down a major undertaking. I think that if every major power in the 3 galaxies combined together, one to four motherships could be defeated, five to ten motherships could make a standoff, and more than ten would be enough momentum to give the Mechanoids an eventual "victory" unless unseen events occur.

).

MIght have to draft the Dominators into the conflict, with their moon-sized warships....

Looks set for a free-for-all madness!

For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:04 pm

Adventurer

Quote:
Kestrel wrote:

).

MIght have to draft the Dominators into the conflict, with their moon-sized warships....

Looks set for a free-for-all madness!

Having the dominators become involved would indeed be interesting I would love to see some more about them in some other books, they are just real mysterious.

Let us not forget the promethians are a wild card here. From what we know they may (and most probably do) know a whole lot more than they are telling anyone, such as the legends of the dreadnaught sized phase ships. I would assume they have some nasty surprises for anyone or anything that tries to take over or destroy phase world, and if the three galaxies are in danger then help them too. Remember they havent had a hard fight with anyone, all the references to being like the splugorth who try to take over the center or phase world have lost, and lost badly (sounding like it wasnt even much of a fight). Now if they can take out the splugorth easilly I am scarred to think what would happen when a nastier threat enters and see what they pull out to combat them. It would be great to see.

Aegis

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:03 pm

Dungeon Crawler

remember even the Splugorth is terrified of the mechinoids

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.