Board index » SDC Worlds » The Mechanoids®

Post subject: Hello
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:38 pm

Adventurer

Hi I am a rifts player just wondering what is the mechanoids?

Post subject: Re: Hello
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:16 am

Adventurer

Larsen wrote:
Hi I am a rifts player just wondering what is the mechanoids?

The Mechanoids was one of Palladium's first products done back in '81. It was a sci-fi setting taking place on a backwater colony world far from any trouble. In this quiet and far-flung sector the colonists and a scattering of military and paramilitary types suddenly found themselves confronted by an ancient cybernetic and psionic race, The Mechanoids, with a pathological hatred of humanoid life. The colonists find themselves in a desperate struggle with an overwhelming foe (their command ship, one of many, the size of North America) bent on their eradication while they strip mine the planet, Gideon E, for resources. Mechanoid Invasion dealt with the struggle to fight these invaders. The Journey finds the colonists in their last days as The Mechanoids finish their work and dissect Gideon E to it's core for a new power core for their ship and the survivors launch a final assault on the mothership, waking up 200+ years later in a forgotten section of it's hull to continue their guerilla war against their old foes. Homeworld finds our heros at The Mechanoids 'homeworld' as the ship, along with many others, lies seemingly dead in space and they find another alliance of races, and The Mechanoids allies, picking over the remains of a dead world while The Mechanoids final plot works itself to completion.

It was a very dark setting full of despair but with great potential. All of us have waited in anticipation over the years for the promised continuation of the story and stuggle. If we shall ever see it beyond years of promises in The Rifter,...that like The Mechanoids final plan remains to be seen.

Last edited by MorganKeyes on Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:33 am

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: Lord of Chaos!
Well MorganKeyes has summed it up nicely. Here's some more info that might be of interest.

The Original Mechanoids Trilogy

Rifts sourcebook 2: The Mechanoids

For your reading pleasure until Mechanoids Space comes out.

Carl

Last edited by Carl Gleba on Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:50 pm

Supreme Being

On a side note for anyone who doesn't have the Mechanoids books yet, if you order any Heroes Unlimited books from the online catalog between now and August 31, you can get a free copy (you still pay shipping) of the Mechanoid Invasion Trilogy (or other select books).

See http://www.store.palladiumbooks.com/Mer ... erchant.mv for details.

and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:49 am

Explorer

:badbad: got tooth ache and so I desided to dredge up the past.... well the 2nd oldest post in the mechanoids area...

woot 2004 woot woot woot...

This is your life - It doesn't get any better than this - You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake - You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else - We are all part of the same compost heap - We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world........

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:17 am

Hero

Comment: What happened in here last night? It smells of cheap booze and expensive regret...
The mechanoids are a lot of things, but perhaps most simply...

They are firmly in the top ten of my "Do Not **** With" list.

If I am going to be accused of misdeeds and treated accordingly, then I am going to actually earn the treatment I get. Period. There is no need to hold back when I am treated with one standard and others are treated according to another standard.